Utah Moab 2024 JuneFest 9th-15th

Yeah it looks like it may be a bit hotter this year than last year so I'd be inclined towards earlier starts depending on the trail or day. Pritchett and the Trifecta are the ones that in my experience can get long.

Can the Trifecta be done as a Bifecta? Like skip/bypass the Spike or such and go lay on the porch 😂.

Curious whether we'd be driving into the sunrise 😎

Can the Trifecta be done as a Bifecta? Like skip/bypass the Spike or such and go lay on the porch 😂.

Curious whether we'd be driving into the sunrise 😎

Not much skipping Golden Spike however you can always turn around.

Last year we had planned to run it backwards but starting with Rusty Nail, we completed Rusty Nail and decided going back out gold bar rim was the better option.

The first time I did the trifecta I blew my radiator in the middle of it so it took me quite a while. It's definitely the longest day but if we want to get it done quicker we can. Minimize the stops and keep rolling. You'll finish that day closer to where you are staying though.

All of the days are subject to someone having an issue which could make a short day a long day. We go by the rule no man left behind unless we leave them with @NashvilleTJ. ;)

Not much skipping Golden Spike however you can always turn around.

Last year we had planned to run it backwards but starting with Rusty Nail, we completed Rusty Nail and decided going back out gold bar rim was the better option.

The first time I did the trifecta I blew my radiator in the middle of it so it took me quite a while. It's definitely the longest day but if we want to get it done quicker we can. Minimize the stops and keep rolling. You'll finish that day closer to where you are staying though.
We'll give it a go, at least a couple of us.
All of the days are subject to someone having an issue which could make a short day a long day. We go by the rule no man left behind unless we leave them with @NashvilleTJ. ;)
Yup, rule #1 in my crowd.

Reactions: Wildman
None of this will change your schedule so just FYI.

Suddenly we have a 3rd buddy coming up from Southern Utah with his family Sunday night - Wednesday. We've made reservations for Arches for 2pm Wednesday so won't make Pritchett. He is jacked about hitting the trifecta however.

I have an invite to go back in the Fall so more opportunities.

The trifecta is a pretty good trail for a larger group

1717156430496.jpeg

Anyone who’s going want an unused set of Claytone backup LED’s? I bought them and then added Blaine’s lights before installing so I have no use for them. I can bring them if someone wants them.

Yes that is really really hot

I've wheeled Moab when it was 105° it's a dry heat.

Last year I was in Arizona and it was 115° then I came back to Minnesota and it was in the 80's. Minnesota was miserable in comparison. But you have to protect your skin when it's that hot.

I've wheeled Moab when it was 105° it's a dry heat.

Last year I was in Arizona and it was 115° then I came back to Minnesota and it was in the 80's. Minnesota was miserable in comparison. But you have to protect your skin when it's that hot.

True that helps but I'm used to the dryness so it isn't like it is different from 105 at my house lol. I'm mostly thinking about the dog but I will just bring a bunch of ice water for him

A stress test for Jeeps and drivers
Everybody bring extra water and coolant

I'm out. Sun Outdoors was kind enough to fully refund my deposit.
Big kudos to them with short notice, they didn't have to do that.

Extreme temps, health and safety concerns (age lol), herding young children regardless of the outdoor activity...

You folks have a wonderful time.

I'm out. Sun Outdoors was kind enough to fully refund my deposit.
Big kudos to them with short notice, they didn't have to do that.

Extreme temps, health and safety concerns (age lol), herding young children regardless of the outdoor activity...

You folks have a wonderful time.

Sorry to see you pull out. The temps are dropping too. Not seeing triple digits anymore.

Ok guys
The one that was a go between for the group and two of us from Elko Nevada
Just bailed
I have never used this format before
And I’m completely lost
I’m getting into Moab on the 8th
Can someone please help with the itinerary

Reactions: NOTNSUV and Wildman