Utah Moab Trip 4/27/19-5/5/19

I have the same CB. What problems are you having?
Where the CB plugs into the out from the box. If you open that up on the CB side, there are 5 or six wires that are soldered to the pins. A couple are loose. I’ve tried to re-solder them five or six times But with only intermittent success. I might send it to Cobra for repair or try to find someone locally.

Where the CB plugs into the out from the box. If you open that up on the CB side, there are 5 or six wires that are soldered to the pins. A couple are loose. I’ve tried to re-solder them five or six times But with only intermittent success. I might send it to Cobra for repair or try to find someone locally.
Is it in the little box itself or on the CB cord end?

If anyone is interested in staying in a nice climate controlled house I’ll probably have at least one room available in the place I rented (trying to rally friends to come along but had some that had to bail). 4/28 - 5/3 3bd 2ba in rim village, around $350 for one of the rooms for the week. Has a garage also!
Just curious - did you ever get a taker for the room?

Come join us!
I've seriously considered it. I have 45+ days of PTO at my job, so that's no issue. It's just finding someone to do my job while I'm gone, as I have no backup. The other issue is it is over the anniversary of losing our son, May 1st, on which day I always spend the day with my wife. I did tell her about the trip, and she said I could use the trip to do something special in his memory. He was quite the gearhead. He could take an engine out of a car and replace it with another one in a day or two.

I'll see what I can arrange.

I've seriously considered it. I have 45+ days of PTO at my job, so that's no issue. It's just finding someone to do my job while I'm gone, as I have no backup. The other issue is it is over the anniversary of losing our son, May 1st, on which day I always spend the day with my wife. I did tell her about the trip, and she said I could use the trip to do something special in his memory. He was quite the gearhead. He could take an engine out of a car and replace it with another one in a day or two.

Bring your wife with you. A lot of our wives are going.

Reactions: DrDmoney

Sorry to hear, I hope you can make it. BTW My wife is going to be there too.

Reactions: DrDmoney and JMT
Is it in the little box itself or on the CB cord end?
Great news. I have been fiddling with the soldering in the CB cord end about five times. I could never get it. It's just too detailed of soldering for me and I don't really have the right tools to get it done right. I had tried to return it through Amazon, but they only allowed a max of 30 days. So I've been thinking I was out of luck for the past 8-10 months. Today I called Cobra and talked to a great guy, Curtis (kudos to Cobra; really Cedar Electronics who own Cobra). He looked it up and said it has a 2 yr warranty and to just send it in and they'll repair or replace. So, it looks like in 2-3 weeeks I'm going to be back in business. Man, I am so tired of intermittent CB, I can't wait for it to be perfect. So good news. good news. Don't you just love good news...

Great news. I have been fiddling with the soldering in the CB cord end about five times. I could never get it. It's just too detailed of soldering for me and I don't really have the right tools to get it done right. I had tried to return it through Amazon, but they only allowed a max of 30 days. So I've been thinking I was out of luck for the past 8-10 months. Today I called Cobra and talked to a great guy, Curtis (kudos to Cobra; really Cedar Electronics who own Cobra). He looked it up and said it has a 2 yr warranty and to just send it in and they'll repair or replace. So, it looks like in 2-3 weeeks I'm going to be back in business. Man, I am so tired of intermittent CB, I can't wait for it to be perfect. So good news. good news. Don't you just love good news...
That is "Great" news!

I just stopped at Artec in Woodscross and grabbed the new Jeep Safari book when I was picking up another item, it looks like fun times again for those who can go!

This is going to be my first time at Moab!
My apologies @ac_, the trail I was asking about is near the Rubicon in California. Since I won’t be able to make the Moab trip, I was wondering if anyone wanted to further test their trail goodies out on a 1 day in and out trail later this year. You will have a great time in Moab by the way, take a trip to the Arches National Park.