Utah Moab Trip 4/27/19-5/5/19

That is what I mean't if the deal goes pear shaped, I will at the very least make buying he car hauler my number one priority in February to make sure it is ready for the trip.
That's great! Keep us posted on the camper deal and when your are looking or get the 'Jeep Hauler".

Yeah I am looking for a lance 650 - 850. The guy talking about trading me has a lance 821s. It is a little bigger than I wanted, but if the deal is right, I will consider it. So far it looks like we are both happy with the deals although neither of us have seen each others toys yet. And he lives a couple hours a way, so there is some more coordinating to do for sure.

But if we can't do the deal in a couple of weeks, I am going to scrap it, and make a car trailer my first priority, so I can at least haul my Jeep. Then I will get reservations for some thing close. But Ideally I want to stay at the KOA with you find folks!
My wife and I are staying at the "Spanish Trails RV Park" in Moab. Already have it booked.

Reactions: ac_
I wish I was able to plan this far out. I will be last minute so I hope I will be able to find something.

Same for me, we may be buying a house shortly here so availability depends a little on that process and related finances. My fingers are crossed, and I’m happy to camp in somewhere remote since I’m a tent camper.

Reactions: Powdermonkey
I don’t envy you at all. Buying a house is a royal PIA, at least it was for me. Forget about moving, hated it!
If my wife goes we will VRBO. If I go myself I might be a tent camper. All though sleeping on the ground isn’t too appealing anymore.

I’m in the Rim village condos, wasn’t too bad a price hoping to drag friends along to fill up my condo or I’ll have a 3 bedroom house all to myself lol

I’m in the Rim village condos, wasn’t too bad a price hoping to drag friends along to fill up my condo or I’ll have a 3 bedroom house all to myself lol

That’s where I’m at. I called it Rim Vistas. But I leave on the 29th. Stayed there last year. Not a bad place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The houses in Rim Village worked out well last time we went. the 2 car garage really came in handy and stored our hard tops. I think by the time we got done splitting the cost with another couple it was like $130 a night.

The houses in Rim Village worked out well last time we went. the 2 car garage really came in handy and stored our hard tops. I think by the time we got done splitting the cost with another couple it was like $130 a night.

That’s exactly what I liked about it and the pool/hot tub area for our kids plus the bbq etc. no split this time for us. Just us and our kids. It’s about $175 a night at the moment.

Reactions: tomtaylz

I paid $150 per night (not including a cleaning fee) for the whole house but I booked early. I thought the same thing with the garage. If I can’t convince friends to come I might be open to renting out a room to a forum member, we’ll see.

Last edited:
I’d like to either get a trail in on the 28th and/or a giant group TJ picture at least!!!
And when I say Giant I mean the 3-6 of us that will be there for sure ..hehe

We'll be rolling in on the afternoon of the 28th. Will be coming from Elko.

I should be in early, maybe the 24-25. We’ve got some MTB we want to do.

I still haven’t decided where to stay. KOA wants $50+ a night just to camp. Others aren’t much better, but there are some more remote areas from cheap to free. If anyone knows a great spot to tent camp let me know. We’ve never been.

We could also be in the middle of a move. If so Moab is halfway between where we are and where we’re moving to, so maybe it will work out anyway

I should be in early, maybe the 24-25. We’ve got some MTB we want to do.

I still haven’t decided where to stay. KOA wants $50+ a night just to camp. Others aren’t much better, but there are some more remote areas from cheap to free. If anyone knows a great spot to tent camp let me know. We’ve never been.

We could also be in the middle of a move. If so Moab is halfway between where we are and where we’re moving to, so maybe it will work out anyway
MTB? Mountain Trail Biking?

Reactions: JMT