Motor mount brackets ripped from block

Tigger09

TJ Enthusiast
One of my project jeeps was side swiped while the PO still owned it. The driver side motor mount brack bolts were ripped from the block. Can I assume the only fix is a new block? If so what are my donor options?

IMAG1199.jpg
IMAG1200.jpg

It could be fixed if you have good fabrication / welding skills. But it would require removing the engine I would think, and at that point I'd probably just put a new block in there and rebuild it at the same time. I mean, might as well, right?

Look at the brown dog motor mounts and see if they will help. Depends on how many good bosses are left.

It could be fixed if you have good fabrication / welding skills. But it would require removing the engine I would think, and at that point I'd probably just put a new block in there and rebuild it at the same time. I mean, might as well, right?

Engine is already pulled but my welding skills aren’t up to this task.

Brown Dog has provisions for as many as 7 mounting points. I was told any 4 points will be enough.

8B677191-EDF7-463E-8383-63089D4D5332.jpeg

Pic is a passenger side mount I put on my 2002 4.0. I had 2 sheered bolts and a broken emboss

My exhaust is OEM. These work with OEM or aftermarket.

I think I have it figured out. When the time comes I’m going to make a plate that uses the 4 good bosses and has studs for the stock bracket. If that fails Brown Dog it is. Thanks everyone.

Another option is the Mountain Offroad engine brackets. Put some studs into the block threads that are still there and have them welded in place, and weld a washer on the stud where the original boss face would be. That way you could use some nuts to tighten the brackets up against the washers, and use the additional threaded bosses as extra holding power.

Here's a couple pics of mine during mockup so you can see where the extra bolts would go (keep in mind my motor is upside down on the engine stand).

Driver side:
20190626_182101.jpg

Passenger side:
20190626_182108.jpg

Reactions: rasband