My build

Wife and I went to an auto paint store and looked thru several hundred, or just maybe 15, paint chip books. Wanted something different but now it seems every one has it or close to it. Same they happened when I painted my white 95 highlighter yellow. Next year ever other jeep in Moab was yellow.

I'm thinking about that flat color blue / grey that comes on the new Rubicon JKs... I really like that color.

Even if you have someone else shoot the color, color/ clear you can say yourself a bundle by doing the grunt prep work. I have painted 4wrangle types and 3 pickups in my garage and all have turned out very well. It's all in the prep---anyone can shoot paint.

Even if you have someone else shoot the color, color/ clear you can say yourself a bundle by doing the grunt prep work. I have painted 4wrangle types and 3 pickups in my garage and all have turned out very well. It's all in the prep---anyone can shoot paint.

Agreed 100%! I would do 100% of the prep-work myself and have my buddy shoot it (he's a professional painter) who would charge me next to nothing (and he does an amazing job).

I know that the majority of it is all about the prep, no doubt about that at all. I figure it would probably be easier to paint with the tub off and everything stripped. The nice thing is there's no top on a Jeep so it probably makes things a bit easier to paint I would imagine.

Agreed 100%! .... I figure it would probably be easier to paint with the tub off and everything stripped. The nice thing is there's no top on a Jeep so it probably makes things a bit easier to paint I would imagine.

You can get a much more complete professional looking job with the tub off! The 95 got one because it was so rusted —-another build story in itself

You can get a much more complete professional looking job with the tub off! The 95 got one because it was so rusted —-another build story in itself

That's what I'm going for too. I want to get under the hood, under the carpets, everything. I want it to look like it was originally the color I will be painting it. No half ass stuff here!

Reactions: Stinger
My god man... That has to be the sweetest TJ I've seen so far. You've really built this thing up inside and out!

Getting closer to present day.
306.jpg
307.jpg
308.jpg
310.jpg
306.jpg
307.jpg
308.jpg
310.jpg
313.jpg
314.jpg
315.jpg
316.jpg
318.jpg
319.jpg
320.jpg
321.jpg
323.jpg
324.jpg
327.jpg
329.jpg
340.jpg
341.jpg
352.jpg
358.jpg
361.jpg
362.jpg
364.jpg

Reactions: Adam
Wow, talk about some shitty exhaust welds! Whoever did that should be embarrassed.

I need a lift... It's on my list.

Wow, talk about some shitty exhaust welds! Whoever did that should be embarrassed.

I need a lift... It's on my list.
Novak assured they would not use them again.

Greg Smith right there in Portland carries the two post!!:)

91/2 ton lift, two high rise axle stands, air evacuation high rise oil drain, air activated hi rise tranny jack all for less than 3k. I drove up there to pick it up so no shipping. I installed it by myself so no installation. Pretty simple really!

91/2 ton lift, two high rise axle stands, air evacuation high rise oil drain, air activated hi rise tranny jack all for less than 3k. I drove up there to pick it up so no shipping. I installed it by myself so no installation. Pretty simple really!

Wow, not a bad price at all! I'll keep this in mind for sure. We are moving soon, now the goal is just to make sure the hose we purchase as a big enough garage (vertically I mean). I may have to build a big enough garage myself!

Wow, not a bad price at all! I'll keep this in mind for sure. We are moving soon, now the goal is just to make sure the hose we purchase as a big enough garage (vertically I mean). I may have to build a big enough garage myself!
For specs check out Greg Smiths catalog. I am well please with everything I got from them. AND, it sure as hell made my mechanical life easier..

For specs check out Greg Smiths catalog. I am well please with everything I got from them. AND, it sure as hell made my mechanical life easier..

No doubt! I can't tell you how much I hate being on my back under the car. I always wake up the next day feeling like I got hit by a wrecking ball.

Just wait until arthritis starts kicking your ass, or other places.

Nice work! Tell me about arthritis., and ever since I had to wear glasses my welding sucks. The last time I tried to weld up an exhaust it looked like Ray Charles did it. Again, nice work!

Reactions: Chris