Need CB Radio recommendations

FWIW I bought my Uniden 510XL from amazon, I believe it was around $40. Cant remember what my firestick and quick disconnect stuff cost, but I went to a local CB shop (they're still out there. LOL) to get it tuned. The old guy in the store was super nice. He had all the stuff I had already purchased for maybe $5 more than I paid online. Only if you bought it from his shop he did some sort of signal boost to it and tuned the antenna for a discounted rate. Made me wish I would've gone to his shop before I made my purchase. Jeepers are some of the few folks still using CB's and it's always nice to support a local business when you can. Plus if yours are anything like this guy, its worth the extra $$$ just to check out the 70's regalia all over his shop!

Is an swr meter something you use more than once, or should I just come visit you and use yours Haha

If I had one I would definitely lend it to you. It was stolen a couple years ago out of my center console.

If you can make the April Phools run that I posted in the regional forum I bet someone would bring a meter and tune it for you. It does not take long at all.

Reactions: MaloStapalo
If I had one I would definitely lend it to you. It was stolen a couple years ago out of my center console.

If you can make the April Phools run that I posted in the regional forum I bet someone would bring a meter and tune it for you. It does not take long at all.
No worries, I'm sure I can find one somewhere. I'll be in Maui during those dates, tough life ;)

Reactions: tworley
I need a CB radio for Jeep Club rides and I know absolutely nothing about CBs so I'm looking for help. Spent a little time searching and was thinking something like this could work. Simple install and can be removed when not needed. The first ride of the year is March 2nd so I have a short time to get something in place. Any opinions/suggestions would be much appreciated.

https://www.amazon.com/d/Cb-Citizen...8-9&keywords=midland+75-822+handheld+cb+radio

and this

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0045EQUBK/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Just a comment on the antenna you posted... I wouldn't use a 2m/70cm antenna for CB. CB's are at 27MHz which is a long way from 2m @ 146MHz. I don't think you can easily tune it enough. Better to go with an antenna tuned to CB.

As far as the Midland unit, I've used it and its "ok". The Pro510\520 is a solid recommendation. I still have the Midland 75-822, but use it as a handheld on the trails.

Reactions: abruzzi
If anyone would like to try the "other" style Rugged Ridge CB bracket, I have one new in a box that I will never use because I went with an overhead mount from Arizona Rocky Road instead. $20 plus shipping.

This one:

152979.jpg

If you still have it, shoot me a shipping cost to 75758.

From my end it appears that UPS and USPS are charging exorbitant rates.

The package is 16Lx6Wx5H and weighs just under 4 lbs.

UPS wants $20 and USPS wants $17.

You are welcome to check from your end. The box would ship from 96001.

Reactions: MaloStapalo
From my end it appears that UPS and USPS are charging exorbitant rates.

The package is 16Lx6Wx5H and weighs just under 4 lbs.

UPS wants $20 and USPS wants $17.

You are welcome to check from your end. The box would ship from 96001.

Ok, thanks. Wouldn't make any sense to have it shipped, then. I can get a RR one on Amazon for $30 shipped or a knock-off for like $15 (how difficult can it be to make a piece of stamped steel). I appreciate the effort, though!

Eventually I'll need a CB radio. Question is, can it do like my phone and Blu-Tooth through the Jeeps speakers?
I have a Cobra 75. It has a plug for an external speaker. I tun a cable from there to the AUX IN on my radio. On the trial just switch radio to AUX and the CB comes through all the speakers. Works great since I never listen to music on the trail.

AuTE5yQh.jpg