Need help with bent Dana 35

Cayenne Crawler

Hello,

I am new to the Jeep world having bought my first jeep in August last year. I love driving it and use it any chance i get being its not my daily driver. But like most i get
the urge to mod and upgrade it. So, with that being said I have have wanted to change the gear ratio since i have the 32rh with 32s. Regearing is quite a lot in my area and i read that it may be cheaper to just find a used axle with the gear ratio i want. I was actually able to find a dana 35 with a ox locker (older style) and 4.10s for 500$. I quickly picked it up thinking i was getting a great deal. After, refreshing the seals and checking the axles to find spline count i found that it was in decent shape internally but was a 27 spline with stock axles shafts. Now I have read that this is terrible as far as reliability goes but decided to install it anyways to test out a locker and the new gear ratio. Two things, love the 4.10 ratio but hate trying to get the locker to engage via cable method. For the install since i did it my self, i had to pull the rear end into place to bolt it up and at the time i just used a come along and threw a strap on the front axle for a mount point and slowly pulled the rear end into place. It worked well but threw my alignment out of wack after. Pulls to the right and steering wheel it not centered anymore. So, i went to get an alignment and was told the rear end is bent and would never wear right. Seems to be bent with the bottom kicked out and the top pushed in from maybe being jumped in the past. So, originally i was going to get the internals put into my original axle and roll like that for awhile but am now not sure if it will be worth it. Shop can do it for no more than 700$. So, would this be worth it? Should i just scrap this idea and do a super 35 kit? Axle swap? I don't do any crazy rock crawling but do trail ride occasionally but would like it to be capable of more rigorous things if i decide to bring it on vacation in the mountains.

If I'm reading this right you have a bent axle housing on the Dana 35 currently in your Jeep, and a stock Dana 35 you took out.

That sucks the axle is bent. If it's cheaper it might be worth swapping the current internals (if they are not bent) into your spare Dana 35. If the locker is really annoying you, maybe sell that and swap a super 35 kit into your spare Dana 35.

Sell the Ox, junk the bent Dana 35, reinstall your original Dana 35 and install a Super 35 into it with a good locker like an Eaton E-Locker.

So you installed a bent Dana 35 with 4:10's, what did you do about the front gear ratio? Just curious since you didn't write anything about that part of your re-gear plan. Surly you don't have two different gear ratios and a bent axel after all your hard earned money and work.

Front gear ratio does not match currently. Was going to add a locker and regear once i figured out how to go about the rear end. I know that you cant run it in 4wd the way it is so I am just not using 4wd until that front regear is done.

I have considered yes, but after getting a bent used Dana 35 i dont think i want to chance that again.
Bent axles are not common, that is usually from an idiot previous owner jumping his Jeep. A used Dana 44 out of a TJ is normally a good way to go. Or as suggested above just reinstall your old Dana 35 with a Super 35 kit.