New Engine For 98 TJ

whats the easiest V8 to swap into an 04 ........electronically? or are they all pretty much the same?
For an 04, you're pretty limited to an 04 or 05 Hemi out of a Ram if you want to stay "in the family" and legal. That's what I've found in my research.

Nice thing is in our area, we should be able to find a clapped out truck somewhere that runs and drives for not much money so you get all you need from the donor.

I know that my auto swap project cost me a lot more than I expected due to all the little pieces and parts you need to purchase. If I had a donor vehicle, they all would have been included

For an 04, you're pretty limited to an 04 or 05 Hemi out of a Ram if you want to stay "in the family" and legal. That's what I've found in my research.

Nice thing is in our area, we should be able to find a clapped out truck somewhere that runs and drives for not much money so you get all you need from the donor.

I know that my auto swap project cost me a lot more than I expected due to all the little pieces and parts you need to purchase. If I had a donor vehicle, they all would have been included
TBH i need to just step back and finish what i have going on right now. i'm always putting another project into the loop and it does nothin but delay me from previous projects that need finished proper.

a few wks b4 toximus started his swap there were 3 new complete crate hemi's with computers and gauge cluster and harnesses for 3500$ ea. they were being sold from a business that was given these as samples to design whatever they made for it. but they were never used or even dismantled off the skids. wasn't really on my radar at that point but now realize what a deal that really was and wish i could stumble upon similar again.

Reactions: Wildman and Mike_H

To clarify - for the Gen III Hemi swap into an '04 you can use any '03 to '08 mill out of a Ram. But the key is you have to use an '03 to '05 ECU to match up h the '04 gauges.

The good thing about the RAM setup is the configuration of the accessories.

Mine is an '06 with an '05 ECU.

To clarify. for the Gen III Hemi swap into an '04 you can use any '03 to '08 mill out of a Ram. But the key is you have to use an '03 to '05 ECU to match up with the '04 gauges.

Mine is an '06 with an '05 ECU.
Thanks for the clarification. I get caught up just looking for a complete vehicle, I forget you could piecemeal it together.

06 is when they went to the eagle heads, right? There isn't any computer wizardry required to make the 05 pcm play nice with the additional output? Or is that why you've struggled with tunes?