New guy from Tucson

First off...Congratulations on your new Jeep! I like it!
I would do the steering first...want to be safe. Also on the RMS....check the back of the valve cover gasket, they have a tendency to leak and run down by the RMS, making it look like the RMS is leaking. Just to be sure before your tear into the RMS.
Thanks. I won’t be doing any of the work myself. I simply don’t have the knowledge or tools for the job. That being said, I think I’ll take the advice and do the steering box first.

Frame looks great, as well as the rest of the Jeep, congratulations! What did you find out about the claim of it having 4.10 axle gearing?
I spoke to the kids dad, who had the work done. He did tell me about the gear swap, but couldn’t produce the docs. The tag on the front diff is gone and the one on the back is partially on. So I’m assuming he was truthful.

I spoke to the kids dad, who had the work done. He did tell me about the gear swap, but couldn’t produce the docs. The tag on the front diff is gone and the one on the back is partially on. So I’m assuming he was truthful.
Do a search on lifting the rear tires off the ground, then turning them and counting the drive shaft revolutions. That will verify your axle gearing.

Reactions: Thdoors
Question, I read through the SYE thread and still don’t know if mine has one ( see pic). I contacted a local 4x4 garage and I was told with them making an new ds and installing a SYE it’s cost me near 3grand. Is this how much these things cost. My TJ has a 4” pro-comp lift. Any help would be appreciated.

E8980A2F-E349-4978-9CB7-A0F55F47CB0E.jpeg

Question, I read through the SYE thread and still don’t know if mine has one ( see pic). I contacted a local 4x4 garage and I was told with them making an new ds and installing a SYE it’s cost me near 3grand. Is this how much these things cost. My TJ has a 4” pro-comp lift. Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 74762
Another pic

76ADD508-E020-4BD5-9403-65D636B90ED5.jpeg

View attachment 74762
I paid about $325.00 for the kit, a friend gave me a front drive shaft from a jeep Cherokee that I spent $75 to get shortened at a local driveline shop, and I was done. You can save a lot of money if you can do it yourself.

By the way, your picture looks like you have the mod already.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I paid about $325.00 for the kit, a friend gave me a front drive shaft from a jeep Cherokee that I spent $75 to get shortened at a local driveline shop, and I was done. You can save a lot of money if you can do it yourself.

By the way, your picture looks like you have the mod already.

Thanks man, I wasn’t sure if I already had it or not. I was just worried with all that shaft sticking out exposed.

Reactions: Guy_Van_Horn
That drive line does look like it has a little bit excessive amount of spline showing. It may have been fabricated when the jeep had a lesser amount of lift. Can you measure the amount of exposed spline? Mine has 3" of travel, with 1.5" showing when it is in the neutral position.

That drive line does look like it has a little bit excessive amount of spline showing. It may have been fabricated when the jeep had a lesser amount of lift. Can you measure the amount of exposed spline? Mine has 3" of travel, with 1.5" showing when it is in the neutral position.

There’s 3” when it’s just sitting like in the pick.

There’s 3” when it’s just sitting like in the pick.
Do you know how much travel the driveline has overall? I suppose it's possible you have one with lot's of travel, but you'd have to have like 6" travel in order to be centered up with 3" showing...

Do you know how much travel the driveline has overall? I suppose it's possible you have one with lot's of travel, but you'd have to have like 6" travel in order to be centered up with 3" showing...

I have no idea on how to ascertain how much travel my driveline has.