New Savvy Gas Tank Skid Design

I am about to put a fairly large order in at Savvy, I wasn't even aware this of this new style gastank skid. I wonder if they have any of the original stock, Most likely not at this point. I think the original was a more complete skid plate. No offense to the new one, or the folks that have it.

I am about to put a fairly large order in at Savvy, I wasn't even aware this of this new style gastank skid. I wonder if they have any of the original stock, Most likely not at this point. I think the original was a more complete skid plate. No offense to the new one, or the folks that

I am about to put a fairly large order in at Savvy, I wasn't even aware this of this new style gastank skid. I wonder if they have any of the original stock, Most likely not at this point. I think the original was a more complete skid plate. No offense to the new one, or the folks that have it.
They don't. Otherwise I would have one. I did notice there are a whole crapload of folks complaining that they didn't know about the new design or they would have waited. Buy a new one and trade for old.

Reactions: downthepines
I believe the new design perfectly protects the gas tank where it would be hit by something. Impacts to the tank come from underneath, not from the side. The new design was done so it couldn't trap sand, mud, dirt, water etc. Knowing its designer, mrblaine, he definitely wouldn't change its design if reduced how well it protects in realistic and conceivable situations.

I actually like it better now. I just ordered one less than 2 minutes ago...

The new Jamaica design doesn't protect the gas tank from bow and arrow attack from the side anymore, so it's dumb now.
Let the arrows fly my friend

arrow.jpg