WTB: New TJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also @Starrs
I'm really looking for somthing around 15, but as stock as possible. Preferably a hard top and cruise control is a must. I'm fine with somthing that has around 120k or less miles and is in good shape.

Also I'm curious to see how the 5 spd is off road compared to the 6spd. I really enjoyed just letting off the clutch and idling over pretty much everything.

Also, realistically I'll probably have to get somthing near the state of kansas, I'm a highschool student, i dont exactly have the time or the means to personally check out vehicles in Texas or Arizona... unfortunately. Fingers crossed that somthing comes to me.

Last edited:
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/share/219303638
This is a pretty good example of what I'm looking for.

also another note (I know I'm all over the place here) I'm also kinda stuck between an Lj and a Tj, on one hand I plan to do alot of overlanding so that alone is good cause for an LJ but on another I just like the way the TJ looks so much better. It just looks much more "jeep" to me.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/share/219303638
This is a pretty good example of what I'm looking for.

also another note (I know I'm all over the place here) I'm also kinda stuck between an Lj and a Tj, on one hand I plan to do alot of overlanding so that alone is good cause for an LJ but on another I just like the way the TJ looks so much better. It just looks much more "jeep" to me.

Why not buy that one? Seems perfect for your wants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Robert Gessler
If it's still for sale by the time I get out for winter break I'm going to go take a look at it.. it's in colorado.
I’m not a fan of that dealer. They buy everything at auction from what I understand and almost everything on the lot has issues. Just my experience. I’ve seen better options on CL locally. I’ll find an example.

I’m not a fan of that dealer. They buy everything at auction from what I understand and almost everything on the lot has issues. Just my experience. I’ve seen better options on CL locally. I’ll find an example.
Thanks for the info!

Do colorado jeeps tend to suffer with rust? My tj was kind of my dd so I need somthing that's gonna fit the niche.

Most are very clean. Just because it’s here doesn’t mean it’s rust free though. There are a ton of people moving here every day, too many if you ask me.
Good to know.
If anyone is in Texas, colorado, Arizona, New mexico, Arkansas, and Oklahoma and finds a jeep, send it my way please

Thank you guys for your help so far.

Yeah I noticed that. And it's an unlimited.

Edit: I realised I just repeated what you said and make my self look like a fool
Haha, I saw an LJ in the mountains a month ago that had 4” Currie lift, lockers, armor, very clean for 15k. I almost sold my DD to pick it up but realized 2 TJ’s would be ridiculous. There’s a lot of jeeps in this state, probably 5-10 tj’s listed a day. When I was looking I created notifications that would alert me when a new one listed that met my specs. It keeps you from searching non-stop.

Haha, I saw an LJ in the mountains a month ago that had 4” Currie lift, lockers, armor, very clean for 15k. I almost sold my DD to pick it up but realized 2 TJ’s would be ridiculous. There’s a lot of jeeps in this state, probably 5-10 tj’s listed a day. When I was looking I created notifications that would alert me when a new one listed that met my specs. It keeps you from searching non-stop.
yeah, hopefully I can find a stock one though, half the fun is building it yourself.

I've got a 2000 Sport with 117K miles, Solar yellow, 4.0, 5 speed, ac, hard top, 2" lift, 2015 Rubicon black wheels/tires, custom front/rear bumpers that I will be listing in the next few weeks. It came from Oklahoma (completely rust free) but currently resides in Delaware. Probably a bit out of your way but I'll be listing it for $9,500 so may be worth the consideration of shipping.

IMG_3458.JPG

IMG_3456.JPG

IMG_3457.JPG

Honestly If it's the greatest tj on the planet I'll go anywhere.
Reality though idk, i live in kansas but i dont wanna go down to Texas for a dud.
Where in KS are you located? I might be willing to sell you mine once I do the engine swap. It will be a 5 speed and as of right now going with a TDi swap, but if you're serious about buying it you let me know what engine you want in it and I'd do it. I'll also keep an eye out for others that pop up, I'm constantly checking CL and various other venues for TJ's and LJ's.

Status
Not open for further replies.