New to winching

SS vs Gr8, does it matter in this application?

I made a $800 mistake last Nov, 7th. Did not realize the "CR" at the end of the part number was "Corrosion resistant" (or SS). Needed carbon steel bearings. The previous (carbon set) lasted 8yrs, the CR lasted until last week.

SS vs Gr8, does it matter in this application?

I made a $800 mistake last Nov, 7th. Did not realize the "CR" at the end of the part number "Corrosion resistant" (or SS). Need the carbon steel bearings. The previous (carbon set) lasted 8yrs, the CR lasted until last week.
You're gonna have to be a tad more specific. What application?

Winch bolts are not 12mm x 1.75 thread pitch x 90mm long. I specifically stated I was messing with unit bearing bolts and the price of cuteness was more than I could bear. I had to settle for adorable instead.
Ok. I see now. was not sure if you were trying to fit those bolts up to something else. Do the cute SS bolts have the same or acceptable load?

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition
My tracking is crazy. My jumper box was with in 20 miles of my house. Now it is over 1300 miles away.

1636230211976.png

My tracking is crazy. My jumper box was with in 20 miles of my house. Now it is over 1300 miles away.

View attachment 288842
I've noticed USPS tracking is often too wonky to understand. At least yours says the cities it is passing through, my current enroute package on its way to Turkey only ever says it's on its way to its "next destination".

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition
Those ATC bags are nice. Do yourself a favor and pick up a new winch remote. The one you have with the sideways switch will leave you stranded one day. Not one of Warns best designs.
I have way too many ATC bags!!

The remote, so my version is no beuno? I have never used it. I have a dash control but still carry it. What am I looking for in the remote?

I have way too many ATC bags!!

The remote, so my version is no beuno? I have never used it. I have a dash control but still carry it. What am I looking for in the remote?
If you are running a dash control it is probably less of an issue. Warn 83665 is my preference. https://www.warn.com/winch-remote-controller-12ft-83665 Much better build quality and IMO more intuitive to operate.

Reactions: WSS