New track bar and drag link before alignment?

tyguy26

So i noticed the tread on my tire wearing a little uneven so i decided to go get my jeep aligned. I went to jiffy lube first and they pretty much told me they couldn’t do it because i didn’t have cam bolts installed and said i should go to les schwann for a second opinion. I took it over to les schwab and they told me that both my track bar and my drag link had “play” in them and that they wouldn’t do the alignment without me replacing both first. The bolt holding my track bar in has come loose every once in a while ever since i had the jeep but i didn’t think there was anything wrong with it and as far as i can tell there isn’t anything wrong with the drag link either. Anyone have any advice on this or think i really need to replace both?

Which bolt holding the trac bar in has come loose every once in a while ? Axle end or frame end ?
Which end has the play they are referring to ?
Which end of the drag link has the play ? Pitman arm or tie rod assembly ?
Are the trac bar and steering factory stock ?
If the trac bar is factory stock and has play in the tie rod end; the trac bar will need to be replaced. IF the bushing end has play; the bushing can be replaced.
IF the steering tie rod ends have play; they can be replaced....

Go to the how-to-guides and go about 32 normal posts down. Jerry B gives the best info on doing it yourself. Hands down the best
I would link it but I'm too old for the computer stuff

Which bolt holding the trac bar in has come loose every once in a while ? Axle end or frame end ?
Which end has the play they are referring to ?
Which end of the drag link has the play ? Pitman arm or tie rod assembly ?
Are the trac bar and steering factory stock ?
If the trac bar is factory stock and has play in the tie rod end; the trac bar will need to be replaced. IF the bushing end has play; the bushing can be replaced.
IF the steering tie rod ends have play; they can be replaced....
it is the axle end of an aftermarket track bar. i assume the play they were referring to was the bolt being loose? and the side of the drag link that has the play is on the tie rod assembly. he said the joint where the drag link attaches had gone bad.

Go to the how-to-guides and go about 32 normal posts down. Jerry B gives the best info on doing it yourself. Hands down the best
I would link it but I'm too old for the computer stuff
I looked at it but it seemed pretty involved. is it not as hard as it looks for a driveway mechanic?

it is the axle end of an aftermarket track bar. i assume the play they were referring to was the bolt being loose? and the side of the drag link that has the play is on the tie rod assembly. he said the joint where the drag link attaches had gone bad.
The bolt being loose on the axle end of the trac bar; is the bracket bolt hole wallowed out (elongated) ? IF so... you can have a fend washer welded over the wallowed hole to return the bolt holes to normal. The tie rod assembly tie rod end is has play; IF the tie rod is factory you can purchase a replacement on Amazon....