NP231 doubler / crawlbox

Midnight is $1400 I think.
Yeah, it's $1400, then you need the 4:1 from JB Conversions which I think is about $700. Do you need anything else other than a longer driveshaft?

Midnight is $1400 I think.
For the 300 case
Yeah, it's $1400, then you need the 4:1 from JB Conversions which I think is about $700. Do you need anything else other than a longer driveshaft?
shifters and the appropriate yokes if your donor 300 doesn’t have them. If the midnight case could use atlas shifters it would be nice as they fit the stock console nicely.

Need to make sure the 300 case is wide enough to clear the transmission if you are running an auto.

For the 300 case

shifters and the appropriate yokes if your donor 300 doesn’t have them. If the midnight case could use atlas shifters it would be nice as they fit the stock console nicely.

Need to make sure the 300 case is wide enough to clear the transmission if you are running an auto.
So you need a donor 300, the case, the gears, the yokes, and the shifters?

What are you getting out of the donor? Everything except the 4:1 gears?

I have a manual. Currently run the TeraLow, but limited on rpm’s.

I think so. I really wish this box was out when I did the flip kit on my 300. The kit was $700. Could of had this case for 700 more.
When looking for a donor case make sure get the Jeep 300 with the long output shaft/housing. Unless you want to run an aftermarket tail housing. The long housing will be plug and play with the TJ Speedo. I am referring to the stock 300 tail housing and not any after market ones.

Reactions: JMT

It DEPENDS.....

Don't you just love that type of answer?

If you are going to upgrade the front and rear output from 26 spline to 32 spline you'll get some of those parts with those kits.
And then if you want the 4:1 gears you have to buy that kit.
Shifters depend on if you want mechanical ones or cable shifters? Both ways work and it depends on how you want to mount them.

And as Gollywomper said if you are using a stock D300 t-case then you are going to need a flip kit which is about $700 or you can buy the aluminum case and then you don't need the flip kit.

If you want MORE rear driveshaft length then you can get a short rear output from Novak.

It DEPENDS.....

Don't you just love that type of answer?

If you are going to upgrade the front and rear output from 26 spline to 32 spline you'll get some of those parts with those kits.
And then if you want the 4:1 gears you have to buy that kit.
Shifters depend on if you want mechanical ones or cable shifters? Both ways work and it depends on how you want to mount them.

And as Gollywomper said if you are using a stock D300 t-case then you are going to need a flip kit which is about $700 or you can buy the aluminum case and then you don't need the flip kit.

If you want MORE rear driveshaft length then you can get a short rear output from Novak.
Heck with the super short output you could ad an eco box and be real close to a 231 with a SSSYE and have a a lot of gearing options.

Reactions: JMT and Wildman
Heck with the super short output you could ad an eco box and be real close to a 231 with a SSSYE and have a a lot of gearing options.

I was thinking a Black Box i which makes it under 5" long and the Novak SSoutput. But I am really not sure it'll clear my transmission.
So I might have to wait for the NP205 and then not have as deep of gearing.

Reactions: Gollywomper
Behe has the D300 flip top and front plate for 575$ on their website, both 26 and 32 listed "out of stock".
new cases were 2200$ for Behe, or1400$ from Midnight (+50$ for the pin).

the parts for the 300 from JB were, 750$ for the 4:1 gear set, the 32 spline outputs are 450$ (HD rear) and 275$ (front). then 200$ for a rebuild kit, and i'd add 50-100$ more for odds and ends.

Novak has parts and NorthWestFab offers some type of "flip" cable shifter kit.

i checked out Midnight FB page and there were posts back in Nov about getting the 205 going. i asked if there were any updates on the post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildman
Behe has the D300 flip top and front plate for 575$ on their website, both 26 and 32 listed "out of stock".
new cases were 2200$ for Behe, or1400$ from Midnight (+50$ for the pin).

the parts for the 300 from JB were, 750$ for the 4:1 gear set, the 32 spline outputs are 450$ (HD rear) and 275$ (front). then 200$ for a rebuild kit, and i'd add 50-100$ more for odds and ends.

Novak has parts and NorthWestFab offers some type of "flip" cable shifter kit.

i checked out Midnight FB page and there were posts back in Nov about getting the 205 going. i asked if there were any updates on the post.
If you are going all out with gears and 32 spline outputs it makes sense to buy the complete case. I had no reason to upgrade the outputs with a 4cyl on 35s.

If you are going all out with gears and 32 spline outputs it makes sense to buy the complete case. I had no reason to upgrade the outputs with a 4cyl on 35s.
ya ya thats what i eluded to above, Midnights loaded case for 3600 is barely a few hundred over cost, and probably more than justified by the time you bother to order and wait for your own pieces.

Last edited:

Yes your little 4 popper even with a doubler I don't think will stress the stock case or shafts. Now if you have a V-8 that is a different story. And as @someguysjeep said it's a better price to just buy the complete case if you are going all out BLING.

By the time you buy the Midnight box & a crawler box you have dropped $5K if not $5500 but you have a heck of a drivetrain.

and if y'all wanna kinda get real about all this.

i'd spend my $ with the guy that makes the parts in his shop b4 giving my $ to any co with some guy/college boy in a polo shirt claimin to be a CEO (to me that means i don't get dirt on my hands and you all pay extra for that.).

and if y'all wanna kinda get real about all this.

i'd spend my $ with the guy that makes the parts in his shop b4 giving my $ to any co with some guy/college boy in a polo shirt claimin to be a CEO (to me that means i don't get dirt on my hands and you all pay extra for that.).
Midnight for the win!!!

Yes your little 4 popper even with a doubler I don't think will stress the stock case or shafts. Now if you have a V-8 that is a different story. And as @someguysjeep said it's a better price to just buy the complete case if you are going all out BLING.

By the time you buy the Midnight box & a crawler box you have dropped $5K if not $5500 but you have a heck of a drivetrain.
I would have to get real creative to break the 300 case or shafts.

i'm lookin at these boxes like the 14B's of transfer cases. big and heavy, but odds are it's gonna last a lot longer than our stock parts even if used in it's stock form.
the length gives the opportunity to have a doubler without taking your driveshaft length.

as far as all this weight crap goes. i don't mind extra weight low and centered or low on the ends, like axles. keep all the real heavy mods low might help keep that sucker planted while applying power at steeper uphill angles.

My thoughts are if you are only looking to run the tcase, then why not the atlas? It’s a bit cheaper? If you are looking for a doubler and total length is a big consideration then I think the 300 a better option, if it fits.

Behe has the D300 flip top and front plate for 575$ on their website,
If anyone is looking to flip the stock case get the kit from Down East Off-road. It is hands down the best option(IMHO). $700
Comes with the atlas twin stick shifters. Taps and plugs the old shifter holes to seal them up properly. They run twin shift rail detention springs, I have had no popping out of gear issues. (Knock on wood)
I was really looking into the BEHE stuff. But when I found out it was an investment type takeover I looked elsewhere to spend my cash.

My thoughts are if you are only looking to run the tcase, then why not the atlas? It’s a bit cheaper? If you are looking for a doubler and total length is a big consideration then I think the 300 a better option, if it fits.

100% agree with this.