NP231 doubler / crawlbox

I have an email in to Behemoth for their 205 case dimensions. I will update this post when I get them. The dimension on their site shows it roughly the same exterior as their 300 which I find difficult to believe.

I have that kit but it's rough. I was going to originally do that but decided to go with the doubler kit. If someone wants the parts for the NP231 doubler I can get all the parts and I'll sell it for 50% of that price, I'll never use it but it's going to require some fab work on their end.

OH are you talking about the black unit? *EDIT* yup okay I'm getting caught up now on all the pages in this thread, I jumped in without knowing everything yet!
You have the FS kit? What makes it "rough"?

.i can't find info on the output spread dimensions for the NP231 i'll have to run out and get under it, it's 19*.........................i don't wanna but i will.

go it.....9.5".

So a D300 is just shy of 1" narrower than the NP231. Interesting for sure.

I'd sure like to have some type of mock up case to be able to see how a D300 fits. I'd be curious to see what had to be done to get it to work with the 46RE.
And I wonder if the Jeep 44RE or 46RE is different? Have to try and do some searching and see what I can come up with.

So a D300 is just shy of 1" narrower than the NP231. Interesting for sure.

I'd sure like to have some type of mock up case to be able to see how a D300 fits. I'd be curious to see what had to be done to get it to work with the 46RE.
And I wonder if the Jeep 44RE or 46RE is different? Have to try and do some searching and see what I can come up with.
I wonder how close one could get to the stock 231 offset by clocking the 300 flat?

Reactions: Wildman
I wonder how close one could get to the stock 231 offset by clocking the 300 flat?

I don't know. Clocking can really help makeup some things but I think 8.55" centerline to centerline is tight no matter where it's clocked. But since most of us aren't working on TJ/LJ's everyday like Blaine it's hard to know.
I guess I should be happy I have the STaK's but unless I want to really CHOP the crap out of my floorboards I've got mine about as flat as I can go.
Here the dimensions for the STaK's Monster box.

I'll be watching to see what the NP205 measurements come out to be.

STaK Demension .jpg

the 231 sits flat across and i already had to move/rework the trans fluid lines that had a wide bend on um and got into my travel zone.

i measured, and the stock 2" front driveshaft has 1.25" of clearance to the trans. so looks like a 300 would put me at a 1/4" clearance if i stayed with a 2" driveshaft.

how would those joints like rotating on a downward and sideways angle? be similar to the 8.8 being offset ya?

Reactions: Gollywomper
Here is the NP205 offered by Behemoth Drivetrain that is getting installed in a rig for KOH. It's a rig from Rily Racing. https://www.facebook.com/RileyRacing4504/ and is being setup by Rock & Road Performance https://www.facebook.com/rockandroadperformance/

https://fb.watch/aBv3prArcd/
https://www.facebook.com/BehemothDT/
https://behemothdrivetrain.com/
Man I just dont think $2200 for an aluminum case is a good investment. Just tough to justify. Add 4-1 gears, seals and you are over an atlas.

Man I just dont think $2200 for an aluminum case is a good investment. Just tough to justify. Add 4-1 gears, seals and you are over an atlas.

I agree with you to a point. If you are really trying to save weight and want stronger drivetrain components then I can see it. And no one is making lower gears for the NP205 that I could find. So the stock 2:1 gears and 2.72 gears in a doubler if you want the gear reduction.

Yes it is in the same price range as a Atlas but if size and weight matter?

ok i thought i saw the 1st atlas design was based off of the 300 is that true?
if so how'd they get another inch in the output separation into the design later?

Last edited:
I should be happy I have the STaK's
for sure since you are tight as is, 1-2" inside and you'd have a good bit more to sort.

i wonder if the use of a doubler box giving it more length could maybe get it a tad better angle from that further back point.

Price aside, size especially and weight also are the biggest consideration for me as a means to getting a 4:1 ratio. It seems an Atlas is a tight squeeze with a tummy tuck and length is also a limfac with a TT because DS angles. Less weight is just a very desirable bonus for me.

Reactions: JMT
ok i thought i saw the 1st atlas design was based off of the 300 is that true?
if so how'd they get another inch in the output separation into the design later?

Actually I thought it was mentioned that it was based off the NP205. Which based on measurements makes sense.

for sure since you are tight as is, 1-2" inside and you'd have a good bit more to sort.

i wonder if the use of a doubler box giving it more length could maybe get it a tad better angle from that further back point.

But also remember I'm running 1350 joints and my shaft diameter is 2.75" if I dropped it to a 2" diameter I'd gain a lot in clearance. It'd still be tight.

Price aside, size especially and weight also are the biggest consideration for me as a means to getting a 4:1 ratio. It seems an Atlas is a tight squeeze with a tummy tuck and length is also a limfac with a TT because DS angles. Less weight is just a very desirable bonus for me.

Yes these are all the pluses of the D300.

Actually I thought it was mentioned that it was based off the NP205. Which based on measurements makes sense
ok maybe i thunk wrong , quite possibly i'm always on the verge of spilling info to seep more it.

for the 205 i think we would want to try and go for an aftermarket case, the big honkin stock case has an odd shape. and if the 205 has a better spread that could be the deal.

i did a bit of cost comparison from Midnights D300, 3600 tag for a complete unit, and 1400 for just the case and stuffing it at home, the cost figured out to be about 300 over parts , which seems a fair assembly fee, even though it looks simple as hell. once they get 205's going maybe he'll be doing an affordable case.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildman
once they get 205's going maybe he'll be doing an affordable case.

Yes I'm hoping Midnight has a better price point than Behemoths prices. I'd like to see it around $1500-1600 and you add the internals.
A stock NP205 is like the STaK's in they are both pigs. I think a stock 205 weighs over 100lbs and my STaK's is 150lbs.

Reactions: someguysjeep
Yes I'm hoping Midnight has a better price point than Behemoths prices. I'd like to see it around $1500-1600 and you add the internals.
A stock NP205 is like the STaK's in they are both pigs. I think a stock 205 weighs over 100lbs and my STaK's is 150lbs.
Midnight is $1400 I think.

Reactions: JMT
Stock 205 is 130-140lb I believe.

5295435D-BCF2-450C-9EFC-C8308CE654F9.png