Nth Degree Mobility Owners Resource Thread

Just for clarification after reading the thread: the lower control arm bushings, both front and rear, are just OEM bushings.

Or did I read that incorrectly?

I'd missed that conversation before. I'd see if you can get the measurements off a stock bushing.

Hi Everyone, my Dad has a TJ with the full Nth degree long arm system and 35" tires/AEV bridger wheels. Had it installed new around 2012 at the transition from Nth to AEV. (I have a JK with the AEV lift and pintler wheels) While driving on the street today, the rear slider failed at the rear end where it connects to the diff housing. I got the slider off, but now the stinger is only attached at the top of the axle. Without the slider to tie everything together, it's like having no upper control arms and the Jeep is not drivable. Anyone know where to get a new TJ rear slider, or can a JK one be modified to fit? TIA

Hi Everyone, my Dad has a TJ with the full Nth degree long arm system and 35" tires/AEV bridger wheels. Had it installed new around 2012 at the transition from Nth to AEV. (I have a JK with the AEV lift and pintler wheels) While driving on the street today, the rear slider failed at the rear end where it connects to the diff housing. I got the slider off, but now the stinger is only attached at the top of the axle. Without the slider to tie everything together, it's like having no upper control arms and the Jeep is not drivable. Anyone know where to get a new TJ rear slider, or can a JK one be modified to fit? TIA

What failed on the slider? It is just metal so you should be able to make repairs to it.

What failed on the slider? It is just metal so you should be able to make repairs to it.
It sheared where the red line is on both sides. I guess after 10ish years of controlling axle wrap it fatigued.
FailedSlider.JPG

Yep, mine did as well. Before converting to a 3rd link to ditch the torque arm, I had to re-weld and reinforce mine as well. If you have access to a welder or a friend with a welder, it's a easy fix and can even be done on the rig without removing it. Grind down the break to create a V-notch to re-weld the two side back together, and then grind it smooth. Next, take a piece of flat bar and drill two holes in it match the existing attachment holes and bend the flat bar in a vise to match the contour of the break line. Bolt the reinforcement plate in place and weld it to the original skid. You have substantially increased the strength at that fatigue point.

Reactions: Wildman
I just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I have an 05 TJ Rubicon with the 4.5" long arm kit. It was installed around 06. I will be soon needing to replace some maintenance to the kit. I apricate all the information here on the thread. Ill post the results of sourcing the parts just in case it may help someone else in the future.

Hello Everybody. Its been a long time since I've been a member of a forum. I just bought a 2003 TJ to cruise around the desert. Not my first Jeep, but certainly my first modified Jeep. So far I love it, but I don't know much about the build. I was hoping for a little guidance. I searched the forum, but I don't really know what to search for. Last weekend I noticed a bushing connect to 9th degree long arm. There are a total of four bushings, two per side. I have one on the passenger side that is ready to fall off. I put some tape on it on the trail and it stayed put. See photos. What is this bushing called? Id like to replace all four. Anyway I am pretty excited to have a Jeep again, just concerned I bought one that I don't know much about. It only has 40k miles, but they are all Johnson Valley from what I heard. All the skid pans confirm that. haha!

IMG_5395.JPG

IMG_5391.JPG

IMG_5448.JPG

IMG_5450.JPG

Hello Everybody. Its been a long time since I've been a member of a forum. I just bought a 2003 TJ to cruise around the desert. Not my first Jeep, but certainly my first modified Jeep. So far I love it, but I don't know much about the build. I was hoping for a little guidance. I searched the forum, but I don't really know what to search for. Last weekend I noticed a bushing connect to 9th degree long arm. There are a total of four bushings, two per side. I have one on the passenger side that is ready to fall off. I put some tape on it on the trail and it stayed put. See photos. What is this bushing called? Id like to replace all four. Anyway I am pretty excited to have a Jeep again, just concerned I bought one that I don't know much about. It only has 40k miles, but they are all Johnson Valley from what I heard. All the skid pans confirm that. haha!

View attachment 476815

View attachment 476816

View attachment 476817

View attachment 476818

Nice looking TJ... Those are the upper control arm bushings. You can get them from this vendor.

https://www.alljproducts.com/nth-degree

Nice! I actually looked them this morning but was not sure what I was looking at. thank you very much.

All J is one of the few people still stocking Nth Degree parts. I had their suspension on my TJ so I used to buy parts form All J.

Welcome to the forum and don't be worried about asking questions. We're here to help when we can.
Also you might want to download the install instructions from the first page. They will help you become more familiar with the suspension kit.

Nice! I actually looked them this morning but was not sure what I was looking at. thank you very much.

If you want to save some money, those bushings are Kenworth shock bushings. It takes two rubber bushings and two poly. Rubber is Kenworth number K066-266, poly is Dayton number 320-178. Rubber is installed on the front, poly in back.
Go to your local truck parts supplier. The rubbers are like $4 each and poly $7.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildman