Nth Degree Mobility Owners Resource Thread

Thanks for the quick reply guys. The custom jeep shop I took it to for them to look over wanted to use a rubicon express bar. I don't think they know they need use a WJ bar. I will let them know about the rough country forged WJ bar, and replacing the stock bushings.

I figured this one I had was special since I could not find any info about it. It looks strong as hell. I will probably replace it but keep the piece and maybe use again some day.

They also wanted to replace the front steering setup to what he called a "T" style. Online it looks like its called HD steering upgrade, where the tie rods connect to the knuckles, not the drag link. I noticed in the nth degree install instructions for the trackbar brace they said as long as the drag link angle is not altered it should work. Looking at the HD setup it seems the drag link hooks up to the top of the knuckle instead of the bottom. I figure that should be fine.

Thanks for the quick reply guys. The custom jeep shop I took it to for them to look over wanted to use a rubicon express bar. I don't think they know they need use a WJ bar. I will let them know about the rough country forged WJ bar, and replacing the stock bushings.

I figured this one I had was special since I could not find any info about it. It looks strong as hell. I will probably replace it but keep the piece and maybe use again some day.

They also wanted to replace the front steering setup to what he called a "T" style. Online it looks like its called HD steering upgrade, where the tie rods connect to the knuckles, not the drag link. I noticed in the nth degree install instructions for the trackbar brace they said as long as the drag link angle is not altered it should work. Looking at the HD setup it seems the drag link hooks up to the top of the knuckle instead of the bottom. I figure that should be fine.

rubicon express is junk, and you already have the upgraded steering compared to the "T" link bologna. The currie currectlync you currently have is the best you can get especially with the 7075 aluminum tie rod thats on it already

I think you need to find a better shop. You already have Currie upgraded steering and inverted "T" on a TJ is stupid for many reasons. I would know as I tried it 20 years ago and figured out pretty quick how crappy it was.

They Don't NEED the wj bar. They could/will remove the NTH Degree frame brace and install the rubicon express track bar.

Ah I had not realized it was the Currie HD draglink. I will have them just do the WJ bar and bushes. It's got a bad tie rod end, and the steering stabilizer is shot. Other then that this Jeep seems to be in great shape. 56k miles if you can believe that. I am pretty sure it got flat towed around for a good long while. IIRC the ODO won't tick over with the Tcase in neutral, can't quite remember.

I don't want to get rid of the nth degree brace. Its been working on this jeep for years, no reason to replace it. That's why I wanted to figure out WTF this custom track bar was before I just tossed it. ;)

Thanks again guys.

stock wj bushings. when they go, I buy another stock bar, moog, dorman, carquest, whatever. a 75$ track bar isn't worth the time to poke 35 bucks worth of bushings in IMO.

Do you have a number for a bonded press in bushing? The parts store around here all want to sell those crappy Moog split urethane garbage. I am about ready to send an old bar to a welder friend and have him weld JJs onto it.

Ah I had not realized it was the Currie HD draglink. I will have them just do the WJ bar and bushes. It's got a bad tie rod end, and the steering stabilizer is shot. Other then that this Jeep seems to be in great shape. 56k miles if you can believe that. I am pretty sure it got flat towed around for a good long while. IIRC the ODO won't tick over with the Tcase in neutral, can't quite remember.

I don't want to get rid of the nth degree brace. Its been working on this jeep for years, no reason to replace it. That's why I wanted to figure out WTF this custom track bar was before I just tossed it. ;)

Thanks again guys.

the brace works until it doesn't work anymore.... lol pics from my 2003 rubicon in 2009ish

NTHDEGREETRACBAR1.jpg

NTHDEGREETRACBAR.jpg

the big reason that track bar was discontinued was because of the bushings. the updated replacement unit is a stock 99-04 grand cherokee track bar. a rough country forged or JKS 99-04 adjustable is the best fit for a replacement, of the two units, rough country fits the best both, the rc and the jks need the supplied bushings tossed in the trash and replaced with moog k7252 on the axle end and moog k201643 put in the frame end. It's been about 10 years since I've had an original flat bar in my hands, it got replaced instead of straightened so I never got a chance to figure out what bushings with today's technologies would fit in it.

Hey David,

Got around to pressing the bushings into the JKS trackbar. I had no problem with the moog k7252 on the axle end. The bush was 20 thou over and it pressed fine. The k201643 is 50 thou over and its pretty stout, I could not get it started to save my life, even tried heating the trackbar end. I was thinking of just getting another k7252 for the frame end. That k201643 is a pretty substantial bushing, what is the advantage of that style over the k7252? Since i wrecked mine i was thinking of taking it apart, its almost like its got a grease seal on it. Is it damped by some kind of grease vs just rubber?

Hey David,

Got around to pressing the bushings into the JKS trackbar. I had no problem with the moog k7252 on the axle end. The bush was 20 thou over and it pressed fine. The k201643 is 50 thou over and its pretty stout, I could not get it started to save my life, even tried heating the trackbar end. I was thinking of just getting another k7252 for the frame end. That k201643 is a pretty substantial bushing, what is the advantage of that style over the k7252? Since i wrecked mine i was thinking of taking it apart, its almost like its got a grease seal on it. Is it damped by some kind of grease vs just rubber?

the jk uniball needs a die grinder taken to the inside of the track bar housing and make a few rounds, then it will press in without destroying it. the k7252 bushing works great in the frame end. If you have long travel shocks, 26" extended or more, the rubber bushing on the frame end takes a beating from constant twisting going from full compression to full droop. the uniball type eliminates that. if you cut the frame side bushing out of a used jk track bar, it will press in without any issues after removing the powdercoating inside the cold cut ring.

Thanks David. Got a new k201643 here today. Ill remove the paint and grind a little on the trackbar end and get some more room and try the press again. 50 thou is way to tight! I'll get it done. I moved 6 months ago and most of my tools are still packed....no shop yet. My lift is out in the rain and everything. its a sad thing. Lol my air compressor and die grinder are packed way. Maybe a flap wheel on a drill will get it done. else im buying a milwalkee m12 die grinder.

The purpose of this thread is to serve as a resource for owners of Nth Degree Mobility products of yesteryear. In this thread you'll find a bit of history on Nth Degree, as well as all the original documents and installation instructions I've managed to scrounge up.

Nth Degree History
Coming soon!

Replacement Gyro Joints
If you're looking for replacement Gyro Joints, the good news is that All J Products / Boulder Bars still works with the original Gyro Joint manufacturer to produce Gyro Joints. You can read more about it on the Nth Degree section of their website.

I've spoken with Heather (Quinn's wife) personally, and she's told me that in order to do runs of new Gyro Joints, they need a commitment of at least 30 orders to do a new run of them. That being said, I'm happy to arrange a group buy for this if it gets to the point where enough people would like to place orders.

Replacement Tummy Tucker Isolators
All J Products / Boulder Bars (as mentioned above for the replacement Gyro Joints) offers replacement isolators for the Nth tummy tucker. You can find them on the Nth Degree section of their website.

Another option which @zebra12 used was McMaster-Carr part number 64875K241. You'll have to weld the nuts on, but this looks like a solid replacement option. McMaster-Carr offers a variety of different vibration damping mounts like this.

Original Nth Degree Instructions, Brochures, & More

Nth Degree Resource Threads
Nth Degree Rear Lower Control Arm Geometry Correction Template

List of Nth Degree Owners
This is a list of forum members who own a vehicle with an Nth Degree lift or other Nth Degree parts. Unfortunately I don't know of everyone with an Nth Degree system, so if you have one and I left your name out, please let me know by replying to this thread.

Hello, just joined the forums for this specific thread. I have an Nth Degree long arm, along with ORO AirRock system/SwayLoc, installed on a 2004 TJ Rubicon circa 2006-2007 by Dennis at Xtreme Rubicon in CA (he’s since moved).

Backstory: I sold my TJ around 2010. The buyer apparently trailered it to the Rubicon a couple times after he bought it, smashed it through the trail, then trailered it home. After these couple of trips it appears he lost interest in Jeeping and let the Rubi sit in his brothers shop for the next 10 years. The brother finally sold it to a nice guy who buys and sells TJs as a hobby. I happened to look on AutoTrader last month and peed myself a little: my TJ was for sale. I quickly contacted the new owner and short story long, my TJ is home again.

Due to the years of neglect the bushings are all pretty shot. Diff oil was low in both axles. Same tires as I sold it with 13 years ago. I tried contacting AEV where I had read Nth Degree moved to but they explained they no longer support Nth Degree as the name had been sold or something. AEV turned me on a to a small shop who may be making bushings again (does anyone know if Jim Frens is still at AEV or have had any contact with him by any chance?). I spoke to the shop located in Bear Bear Lake, CA who are making runs of the bushings (I apologize for forgetting the owners name). That’s a much as I have been able to find out until I found this thread.

I am also trying to source spare parts as I go over my TJ and find out what else is damaged. Sorry to kickstart and old thread but being as it is such a specialized thread, I figured this was the best bet.

Cheers all

Last edited:
Hello, just joined the forums for this specific thread. I have an Nth Degree long arm, along with ORO AirRock system/SwayLoc, installed on a 2004 TJ Rubicon circa 2006-2007 by Dennis at Xtreme Rubicon in CA (he’s since moved).

Backstory: I sold my TJ around 2010. The buyer apparently trailered it to the Rubicon a couple times after he bought it, smashed it through the trail, then trailered it home. After these couple of trips it appears he lost interest in Jeeping and let the Rubi sit in his brothers shop for the next 10 years. The brother finally sold it to a nice guy who buys and sells TJs as a hobby. I happened to look on AutoTrader last month and peed myself a little: my TJ was for sale. I quickly contacted the new owner and short story long, my TJ is home again.

Due to the years of neglect the bushings are all pretty shot. Diff oil was low in both axles. Same tires as I sold it with 13 years ago. I tried contacting AEV where I had read Nth Degree moved to but they explained they no longer support Nth Degree as the name had been sold or so,etching. AEV turned me on a to a small shop who may be making bushings again (does anyone know if Jim Frens is still at AEV or have had any contact with him by any chance?). I spoke to the shop located in Bear Bear Lake, CA who are making runs of the bushings (I apologize for forgetting the owners name). That’s a much as I have been able to find out until I found this thread.

I am also trying to source spare parts as I go over my TJ and find out what else is damaged. Sorry to kickstart and old thread but being as it is such a specialized thread, I figured this was the best bet.

Cheers all

All J Products would be my guess as to the shop you're talking about. They have a page of the Nth Gree parts they are selling.

https://www.alljproducts.com/nth-degree

Dennis from Xtreme Rubicon I thought was also doing things with Nth Degree stuff? I had a Nth Degree longarm on my TJ before I started this rebuild that I'm currently working on.

Welcome to the forum and fire away with your questions and we will try to help where we can.

Reactions: RINC
All J Products would be my guess as to the shop you're talking about. They have a page of the Nth Gree parts they are selling.

Dennis from Xtreme Rubicon I thought was also doing things with Nth Degree stuff? I had a Nth Degree longarm on my TJ before I started this rebuild that I'm currently working on.

Welcome to the forum and fire away with your questions and we will try to help where we can.

Thank you.

I will take a lot of photos and post them for best advice/ideas on how to get my poor TJ trail ready again.

I am beyond excited.

Reactions: RINC

Due to the years of neglect the bushings are all pretty shot. Diff oil was low in both axles. Same tires as I sold it with 13 years ago. I tried contacting AEV where I had read Nth Degree moved to but they explained they no longer support Nth Degree as the name had been sold or something. AEV turned me on a to a small shop who may be making bushings again (does anyone know if Jim Frens is still at AEV or have had any contact with him by any chance?). I spoke to the shop located in Bear Bear Lake, CA who are making runs of the bushings (I apologize for forgetting the owners name). That’s a much as I have been able to find out until I found this thread.

Cheers all

Jim Frens doesn't work for AEV and hasn't for a long, long time. He's not in the business anymore and you won't get ahold of him (I tried).

These guys are the go-to people for new gyrojoints:

Reactions: Wildman and RINC
Jim Frens doesn't work for AEV and hasn't for a long, long time. He's not in the business anymore and you won't get ahold of him (I tried).

These guys are the go-to people for new gyrojoints:

Roger that and thanks to all the fellow late night forum readers with monkey brain while thinking about their jeeps, haha

Reactions: Wildman
Just for clarification after reading the thread: the lower control arm bushings, both front and rear, are just OEM bushings.

Or did I read that incorrectly?

Reactions: Wildman