Official Formula 1 thread

It would be nice to see Rosburg do more commentaries in the future, he was interesting to listen too and really gave some good insight.
Yes! I was talking to my buddies about the same thing. It was so refreshing to have relevant insight into a hybrid-era drivers perspective.

Reactions: qslim
Yes! I was talking to my buddies about the same thing. It was so refreshing to have relevant insight into a hybrid-era drivers perspective.
I didn't recognize his voice at first & thought to myself "the guy talking with Crofty is a real shit broadcaster". Then he made some really interesting comments about various lines that the drivers were taking, how it was going to impact their recharge, strategies for maintaining charge, etc... I hope he stays on for more races.

Edit: Karun is also impressive. I always wonder how much time he spends practicing his clips with that big ass touchscreen before they send it down to him.

I didn't recognize his voice at first & thought to myself "the guy talking with Crofty is a real shit broadcaster". Then he made some really interesting comments about various lines that the drivers were taking, how it was going to impact their recharge, strategies for maintaining charge, etc... I hope he stays on for more races.

Edit: Karun is also impressive. I always wonder how much time he spends practicing his clips with that big ass touchscreen before they send it down to him.
If I had to use that touchscreen no one would EVER watch the broadcast lmao. That looks like such a crappy interface to use as seamlessly as they do

I'm a huge Ted Kravitz fan. lol
I miss Will Buxton from the US broadcasting days. The dude has temerity. I used to call his segment “Buxton bothering the pit lane”. The guy didn’t give a shit, he’d walk up to anyone & start asking questions. The guys obsessed, I read an article years ago about how he just drove around Europe on his own dime following F1 & writing articles while sleeping in his car until he got noticed.

Reactions: CybrSlydr
1630259592287.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: PCO6 and CybrSlydr
What an absolute farce.

Best track on the calendar and they pull thus shit.

Postpone the damn race and move it to an open weekend, like the canceled Japan GP, and run the damn thing instead of doing the minimum and giving paying customers a giant middle finger so the FIA and F1 can call it an official race and cash in.

Fucking pathetic.

Reactions: qslim and steelhd

That kind of goes with Mazepin getting the fastest lap. lol.

Good to see yesterday that the top 6 qualifiers were all different constructors. Good also to see young Schumacher drive his Father's first F1 car. That was one of my favourite eras and I certainly remember that car. Not so good to see Russell get his first podium that way though. Part of me would like to see him be offered the second Mercedes seat and him telling them to take a hike ... "I'm staying with Williams". It will take a few years but they will rebound the way that McLaren has.

What an absolute farce.

Best track on the calendar and they pull thus shit.

Postpone the damn race and move it to an open weekend, like the canceled Japan GP, and run the damn thing instead of doing the minimum and giving paying customers a giant middle finger so the FIA and F1 can call it an official race and cash in.

Fucking pathetic.
Agreed. Figure it out. It's a banner track for the series that produces some of the best racing all season. Hell, NASCAR still bores people to death on the following Monday when they need to call it for weather. Figure it out.

Reactions: CybrSlydr
Race Director Michael Masi said there was a list of reasons why the race couldn't be run on Monday but didn't explain. I can't see travel to Zandvoort being one of them as it's only 4 or 5 hours away. I do see a lack of track marshals being a problem though.

I’m still depressed after looking forward to this track all year. Qualifying was awesome and the race would have been too.

hopefully they can manage to pull a spa round 2 off later in the year. I really feel for the folks who attended the “race”. At least the ‘05 USGP fans saw some cars run

Reactions: qslim
Race Director Michael Masi said there was a list of reasons why the race couldn't be run on Monday but didn't explain. I can't see travel to Zandvoort being one of them as it's only 4 or 5 hours away. I do see a lack of track marshals being a problem though.
I think it has more to do with broadcasters contracts who pay to show races at a given time, everything is about money and with their 2 lap race behind the safety car, they don't have to refund anybody..

Spectators must feel bad after having paid for a ticket and accepted to be a tracked guinea pig funding Pfizer CEO next yacht purchase just to get a very long shower..

At least the ‘05 USGP fans saw some cars run
I was there for that one. We had absolutely no idea what was going on because we were out partying all weekend and not keeping up on the news (pre-smartphone times). We were there in the stands ready for a race and there go almost all the cars peeling into the pits leaving like 6 cars on the grid for the start lol. No one in the stands around us knew what was happening either, it took a little bit for word to get around.

I was there for that one. We had absolutely no idea what was going on because we were out partying all weekend and not keeping up on the news (pre-smartphone times). We were there in the stands ready for a race and there go almost all the cars peeling into the pits leaving like 6 cars on the grid for the start lol. No one in the stands around us knew what was happening either, it took a little bit for word to get around.
My old man went to that race too. It was his first and only F1 race in person. I was young at the time but remember how upset he was when he got home from Indy (we lived in Atlanta). He was talking about all the drinks and trash fans were throwing on the track.

I’m pretty sure I still have the Bridgestone sponsored stickers from the event that he brought home for me.

Reactions: qslim and CybrSlydr
My old man went to that race too. It was his first and only F1 race in person. I was young at the time but remember how upset he was when he got home from Indy (we lived in Atlanta). He was talking about all the drinks and trash fans were throwing on the track.

I’m pretty sure I still have the Bridgestone sponsored stickers from the event that he brought home for me.
We were so confused, eventually someone in the stands who paid for the headphones you could rent at the time to hear the broadcast told everyone what was going on & why. Once people starting throwing shit on the track we left & drove back to DC. I think we were there for maybe 10 laps.

• Sad
Reactions: Apparition
I'll start. Stupidly designed dangerous track prone to races with excessive red and yellow flags hosted by a shit country. I had begun to believe that Verstappen had finally matured and learned to temper his single minded aggression and was hoping he would take the driver's title this year. Now, screw him. He is a an arrogant POS that will never learn because he cannot comprehend that he is in the wrong when his aggression goes over the line. And that opinion has nothing to do with the incident where Hamilton hit him from behind. At least we the title will go down to the final race winch is fantastic. Hopefully Verstappen suffers a mechanical issue or crashes out of the race and doesn't take Hamilton or anyone else with him.

Well, aside from complete disagreement with you about Verstappen, I wholly agree that Jeddah is an absolute shit-show of a track and Saudi Arabia is a complete shit-show of a country as well.