Overland LJR built to explore and expedition

@psrivats and I are going to Jeep West this weekend to check what's up. Dave seems very, very apologetic and intent on doing it. He really, really doesn't want me running the Savvy mid-arm.

Anyways, I told Sri that if I go up there and it's not in the shop being worked on, then I'm taking it home with us on Saturday and letting the other place do the work.
So you can rerun the savvy lift? Damn man that’s crazy money floating around hahaha. God speed!

So you can rerun the savvy lift? Damn man that’s crazy money floating around hahaha. God speed!

Yes, I can return it. However, I got it for such a steal that I may just list it on here to see if someone wants to reap the benefits of my awesome deal.

@psrivats and I are going to Jeep West this weekend to check what's up. Dave seems very, very apologetic and intent on doing it. He really, really doesn't want me running the Savvy mid-arm.

Anyways, I told Sri that if I go up there and it's not in the shop being worked on, then I'm taking it home with us on Saturday and letting the other place do the work.
It shouldn’t take a kick in the ass to get shit done. I’d grab your jeep back just because it’s the right thing to do. That’s nuts man lol

I like impact orange, but I like the brighter orange color that comes on the JKs and the JLs. It's definitely more noticeably orange, but I think it looks good!

Yeah I don't disagree about some of the newer oranges being more orange, I guess then the question to weight is do I go with the OEM LJ color or a slightly different color.

It shouldn’t take a kick in the ass to get shit done. I’d grab your jeep back just because it’s the right thing to do. That’s nuts man lol

Trust me, I know. However, I've been asking around the Jeep community with the serious off-roader guys, and apparently this is actually how he is! It's frustrating, trust me.

We'll see what ends up happening on Saturday. I'm guessing it's coming home with me, because I doubt it will be in the shop being worked on.

Yeah I don't disagree about some of the newer oranges being more orange, I guess then the question to weight is do I go with the OEM LJ color or a slightly different color.

You could do Lamborgini Orange, that would look awesome :D

Yes, we are going there tomorrow to see what they've been upto on both our Jeeps. I know some work is finally getting done on mine and I have gotten some decent updates since wednesday. I doubt @Chris' jeep has gotten any work done to it at all, it's likely sitting there in the same spot where he dropped it.

However, Dave said his Jeep with his midarm is going to be there tomorrow and we intend to hopefully drive it and see what all the hype is about. Both Chris and I are curious.

The thought of ever letting a clean LJR like that go is crazy...but for resale purposes...OEM impact would be best. It’s a classic color too

Reactions: tomtaylz
For "resale" purposes the only thing that will matter is if the ENTIRE tub was painted. If it's half assed and not painted under the hood or under the carpet, that won't be a positive thing for resale value.

Of course this only applies to the LJ purist. If you're selling it to someone who just wants it for fun, they won't care either way!

I would be about the same as if one bedlined the inside of the tub black.

Yeah I think with black it shouldn't matter with the engine bay/interior. I wouldn't care at least but I'm sure there are people out there. Now if the engine bay was like blue or silver that would bug me.

Reactions: Starrs
Yeah I think with black it shouldn't matter with the engine bay/interior. I wouldn't care at least but I'm sure there are people out there. Now if the engine bay was like blue or silver that would bug me.
Yea black you’ll be fine whatever color you go. That white mint LJR I found had the interior bedlined black and it looked awesome. Orange with black wouldn’t bother me at all!

4C0FC853-628E-4F88-B65A-2C436340F196.png
FA524692-9254-44FF-8789-4A43CE1B42F5.png
1163A556-E0C9-4304-8704-7A464B109796.png
6BE8157A-2E02-42F2-9223-24C97869695C.png

Reactions: psrivats
Yea black you’ll be fine whatever color you go. That white mint LJR I found had the interior bedlined black and it looked awesome. Orange with black wouldn’t bother me at all!

I do agree about the OEM color, not that I plan on selling it but I think it would help in the future with many different things (buying replacement parts/half doors, buying trailers/things other users have done and color matched)

Reactions: Starrs
Added my hopeful list before Moab above hah.

I'm mixed, I like the orange a lot and I'm tempted to go that way too in order to keep some element of "factory" about it which could be valuable and make my life easier in the future. If I saw a color I liked a lot more I would have to consider it but I like the uniqueness of orange and how well it works on a Jeep. My biggest complaint about black is while I like it on it's own, go to a big Jeep meetup like the Metalcloak event and it feels like at least 50% of jeeps are black.
I say impact orange, but im a little biased ;). I think i've only seen 1 or 2 Impact Orange TJ's IRL in the 11 years I've had mine.

Reactions: Starrs and tomtaylz
I say impact orange, but im a little biased ;). I think i've only seen 1 or 2 Impact Orange TJ's IRL in the 11 years I've had mine.

I’ve never seen one in real life. I might have to see if I can see yours before the color change sometime in the future if you don’t mind.

I’ve never seen one in real life. I might have to see if I can see yours before the color change sometime in the future if you don’t mind.
Not at all. Im only a couple hours away. I was gonna try and meet up with the other Norcal peeps this weekend, but I got catch up on some stuff at home.

Reactions: tomtaylz
So not sure if anyone has done this or how tricky it would be but I was thinking today what would be nice. If anyone who is a lot better electrician wants to chime in I'd appreciate, I'm still learning.

1. Get some door switches like these: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=251554320307 and attach to activate when the tailgate opens on the hinge side.
2. Get some LED strips and attach to the rollbar
3. Attach the LED strips to power on when the sound bar lights light up
4. Attach the tailgate switch to turn on the sound bar/new LED strips when the tailgate opens as well as the regular door opening behavior
5. Attach a switch that can override this (when you wouldn't want it or when running door-less)

This would help when sorting out gear in the back when it's dark out, it would be nice to have it just work automatically when the tailgate opens vs having to worry about that but worst case I could put in just a switch, in my head it doesn't seem too difficult.

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.