Overland LJR built to explore and expedition

So, on the Cruise Control Mod, do you need a different steering wheel? Or do you just modify the steering wheel to embed these cruise control switches?

Looking good!

Reactions: tomtaylz
So, on the Cruise Control Mod, do you need a different steering wheel? Or do you just modify the steering wheel to embed these cruise control switches?

Looking good!

On mine an 05, it is just plastic inserts. So disconnect battery, remove airbag and remove placeholder tabs (wiring was actually there an plugged into placeholder) and then put in the new tabs. The wiring was all there so it was super simple.

Reactions: JMT
I want to know when this thing is getting painted orange? ;)

Probably either late next year or 2020 If I’m being honest with myself.

Right now the main focus is the Moab trip, I want to get the suspension working together properly and then the armor how I want it before saving up and getting it done, but really it’ll be one of the last bigger things I get done as it’s just not high priority.

Things that would be nice before Moab:
BMB Brake Kit
Control Arms/Rear DS
35's
Exogate
Rear Bumper
Engine/Transmission Skid
Belly Up Skid
Rocker Guards
Sound proof work + BedRug

I feel that this is quite the daunting list in itself.

Last edited:
Probably either late next year or 2020 If I’m being honest with myself.

Right now the main focus is the Moab trip, I want to get the suspension working together properly and then the armor how I want it before saving up and getting it done, but really it’ll be one of the last bigger things I get done as it’s just not high priority.

I hear you! I plan on repainting mine the factory color (but a brand new paint job), but I want the suspension and everything else dialed in first, then I'll focus on the paint once I run out of "big" stuff to do.

But I don't know... if you're going to repaint that thing, maybe it would be cool to do some original color that the LJ never came in?

But I don't know... if you're going to repaint that thing, maybe it would be cool to do some original color that the LJ never came in?

Added my hopeful list before Moab above hah.

I'm mixed, I like the orange a lot and I'm tempted to go that way too in order to keep some element of "factory" about it which could be valuable and make my life easier in the future. If I saw a color I liked a lot more I would have to consider it but I like the uniqueness of orange and how well it works on a Jeep. My biggest complaint about black is while I like it on it's own, go to a big Jeep meetup like the Metalcloak event and it feels like at least 50% of jeeps are black.

Added my hopeful list before Moab above hah.

I'm mixed, I like the orange a lot and I'm tempted to go that way too in order to keep some element of "factory" about it which could be valuable and make my life easier in the future. If I saw a color I liked a lot more I would have to consider it but I like the uniqueness of orange and how well it works on a Jeep. My biggest complaint about black is while I like it on it's own, go to a big Jeep meetup like the Metalcloak event and it feels like at least 50% of jeeps are black.

When is the Moab trip? Supposedly @psrivats and I backed Dave into a corner, and he claims that he'll have the front end on my Jeep done this weekend... We'll see about that, but given what I've seen the past few days, he's actually got his butt in gear.

Yep, that's why I sold my black one. It wasn't that I didn't like the Jeep, I just didn't want black! It's too common and doesn't have any contrast to it.

I like impact orange, but I like the brighter orange color that comes on the JKs and the JLs. It's definitely more noticeably orange, but I think it looks good!

Reactions: ElectricWizard
When is the Moab trip? Supposedly @psrivats and I backed Dave into a corner, and he claims that he'll have the front end on my Jeep done this weekend... We'll see about that, but given what I've seen the past few days, he's actually got his butt in gear.

Yep, that's why I sold my black one. It wasn't that I didn't like the Jeep, I just didn't want black! It's too common and doesn't have any contrast to it.

I like impact orange, but I like the brighter orange color that comes on the JKs and the JLs. It's definitely more noticeably orange, but I think it looks good!

End of April during my Birthday week if anyone is feeling generous :dogpile::pancarta:

Good thing is black is the easiest to color change.

Reactions: Chris

I thought you were going to pick your jeep up that hadn’t been touched for a month lol?

End of April during my Birthday week if anyone is feeling generous :dogpile::pancarta:

Haha! Don't worry, I won't make you wait that long. My ultimatum was January 1st, and I actually said that to. I said if it's not done by then, I'm going to pick it up with a flatbed tow truck.

According to Chris Sines, he says it should take 2 weeks tops... we'll see.

Haha! Don't worry, I won't make you wait that long. My ultimatum was January 1st, and I actually said that to. I said if it's not done by then, I'm going to pick it up with a flatbed tow truck.

According to Chris Sines, he says it should take 2 weeks tops... we'll see.

Are you going with the Savvy mid arm then or still use Dave's?

Reactions: Starrs
I thought you were going to pick your jeep up that hadn’t been touched for a month lol?

@psrivats and I are going to Jeep West this weekend to check what's up. Dave seems very, very apologetic and intent on doing it. He really, really doesn't want me running the Savvy mid-arm.

Anyways, I told Sri that if I go up there and it's not in the shop being worked on, then I'm taking it home with us on Saturday and letting the other place do the work.

Are you going with the Savvy mid arm then or still use Dave's?

I'll know for sure on Saturday (see my post in response to Starrs).

However, I now have a brand new Savvy mid-arm lift sitting in my garage with GenRight outboard brackets, thanks to this ordeal :rolleyes:

Reactions: tomtaylz