Rocky Mountain Billy Goat Build

I can snap some pics of mine so you have an idea of where the wires need to run to the connectors. There is only a power wire, signal wire, and the ground.

I actually might have a set of plugs too...let me look into that. If so, all you would need is additional wire

Awesome - that would be helpful. I ordered some connectors with pigtails just in case I need them (as shared from this recent how-to):

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/how-to-make-a-speedohealer-harness.27169/

Typically I’m pretty stoked that I don’t have a commute as it takes me a month to burn through a tank of gas. However right now that is less than ideal since I want to drop my tank soon to fix the filler plunger problem (not the filler neck) and install this bad boy. I filled up last week, so I’m a bit out from wanting to shove my hand in gasoline.

E1F8FDDA-B5F2-4744-A08E-3AC2F3BFB3E3.jpeg

We are heading up to Estes Park this weekend, but have to take the family wagon - otherwise that would have been a perfect way to burn most of it out.

After a lot of back and forth with savvy, the arms are in! Just had to drill out the bolt holes a small bit in the mounts.

As you can see in the picture, I really need to think about the bottoms, the bushings are pretty gone.

AE23EB72-1136-4D67-AC5B-3B5E30A033DC.jpeg

Reactions: jjvw
I had no idea how small the speedohealer was, apparently I’ve never seen it in any perspective shots.

it’s definitely pretty solid feeling, so now to read some wiring diagrams to not fry the PCM.

I think mine is from a GXR and am guessing the female plug is the input from the sensor and the male is out to the computer

image.jpg

image.jpg

It does. I forget that mine has one. It's a long cable with a little button. Hit the button and the speedo needle will jump to the highest speed since the last ignition start.

I think there are guides to make your own.

If you get a chance and don’t mind, can you get a picture of the cable at the transfer case? I’m fairly confident of red (power), Black (ground), green (data from TC) and white (data to PCM). I’m assuming they keep consistent wire colors across machines...

If you get a chance and don’t mind, can you get a picture of the cable at the transfer case? I’m fairly confident of red (power), Black (ground), green (data from TC) and white (data to PCM). I’m assuming they keep consistent wire colors across machines...

Sorry--completely forgot about sending you pics. Ill try and get some later unless Josh beats me to it.

When did you pick yours up? Mine doesnt have that feature, IIRC I bought it in late 2016 or early 17

June 2015 on Amazon. Mine is a universal kit. I remember the TJ version not having the extra button cable and also costing a bit more for the plug and play.