"Pacing myself" build

Front shocks showed up yesterday. Wasn't expecting them for a while, so it was a nice surprise. Yes, my OCD got the best of me, but I was impressed with the rears, so matching fronts were happening sooner than later. I went with the 2" lift shocks after doing some measuring. Bias will be pretty close to 50/50. I'll lose a little down, but I'd rather have a good, even bias so the shocks work as designed. I'll post my thoughts as to how they compare to the Ranchos.

Any word from TW?
Not yet. Tracking says they received it yesterday at 11:22 am. I'm not sure what to expect, so we shall see. In the mean time, I lowered the t-case skid 1/2" and readjusted the pinion to 0*. Harmonic is still there, but the physical vibes have diminished. I'll wait to add more washers until I hear back from TW.

She's for sale jeepers, and she's a beauty!
20160915_125118.jpg

Just got off the phone with Sean from TW. They couldn't find any issues with the DS, so They are refunding monies. Gonna cut my loses and focus on more t-case skid adjustments. Got nothing bad to say about Tom Woods. They put in the time to try and help me, but I just don't see a reason to own 2 drive shafts and not have a solution to the problem at hand.

Just got off the phone with Sean from TW. They couldn't find any issues with the DS, so They are refunding monies. Gonna cut my loses and focus on more t-case skid adjustments. Got nothing bad to say about Tom Woods. They put in the time to try and help me, but I just don't see a reason to own 2 drive shafts and not have a solution to the problem at hand.
Interesting. It's odd you couldn't get it to slip without the use of a hammer/vice and they found no issues...

I was really hoping that was going to solve your issue.

Reactions: Indy
Interesting. It's odd you couldn't get it to slip without the use of a hammer/vice and they found no issues...

Yeah, me too. Still don't know what to think about the slip shaft issue, but meh. It is what it is, and I'm moving on.

Reactions: Indy
Yeah, me too. Still don't know what to think about the slip shaft issue, but meh. It is what it is, and I'm moving on.
Get @Midnight LJR over there and just install some of those fancy actuators to your skid. It will make adjustment way easier. ;)

So what theory are we working on now? Hubs?

• Haha
Reactions: Midnight LJR

I know when I got my TW shaft, The slip section worked by hand. I made a HELL of a mess with all the grease that came shooting out!

Reactions: Alex01
I know when I got my TW shaft, The slip section worked by hand. I made a HELL of a mess with all the grease that came shooting out!
Haha. That's exactly what happened to me as well.

Get @Midnight LJR over there and just install some of those fancy actuators to your skid. It will make adjustment way easier. ;)

So what theory are we working on now? Hubs?
She's smooth as glass with the rear drive shaft out, and vibe city with the front shaft out, so I don't see how a front hub kit would solve my vibes. I'm still working on the theory that my operating angles have something to do with it. Why else would the vibes get better when I lower the t-case. That was how I decided to add a MML. I lowered the t-case skid 1", which gave me the biggest improvement. Why my jeep is so sensitive is beyond me. Your drive shafts think you have a 6"+ lift with your 4" springs and UCF TT, so I just don't get it. Heck, when I first lifted mine many moons ago, I had to lower the skid 3/4", and that was just a 2.5" lift. Add the increased RPM speeds post regear, and I have a recipe for a back massage.
I have it now where I can just hear it a little above 55 mph, and not feel it until 65mph. If I had the soft top on I wouldn't be able to hear it with the added noise level. Hard top seems to amplify it. Maybe I should sell the hard top and get a Bestop twill top and call it solved, lol!

Reactions: JMT
She's smooth as glass with the rear drive shaft out, and vibe city with the front shaft out, so I don't see how a front hub kit would solve my vibes. I'm still working on the theory that my operating angles have something to do with it. Why else would the vibes get better when I lower the t-case. That was how I decided to add a MML (Motor Mount Lift). I lowered the t-case skid 1", which gave me the biggest improvement. Why my jeep is so sensitive is beyond me. Your drive shafts think you have a 6"+ lift with your 4" springs and UCF TT, so I just don't get it. Heck, when I first lifted mine many moons ago, I had to lower the skid 3/4", and that was just a 2.5" lift. Add the increased RPM speeds post regear, and I have a recipe for a back massage.
I have it now where I can just hear it a little above 55 mph, and not feel it until 65mph. If I had the soft top on I wouldn't be able to hear it with the added noise level. Hard top seems to amplify it. Maybe I should sell the hard top and get a Bestop twill top and call it solved, lol!
Some kind of locking hubs for the rear and driving in 4H would be awesome. Don’t think they make them though.