"Pacing myself" build

Thanks again for that link @ImpactOrange.
20201022_135532.jpg

The poly 0.75" spacers I have in there now are no longer giving me 0.75", so these 1" billet beauties should take care of that and give me just a tick bit of rake back.

Ended up shortening the lowers 1/4", then adjusted uppers to suit. That gave me enough clearance to stuff the axle till the tb relocation bracket hit the tub. I added 3/8" additional bump to keep that from happening. The Ranchos now compress to 1/2" of shaft showing. Mucho better. I Don't think the JKS shocks are going to work, as they will be too long. I'll check my numbers tomorrow.
20201024_160930.jpg

Drove the jeep to work this morning. Drove a combination of half freeway, half surface county roads, most of which are in rough shape, so I got a good feel for some small and medium events. Drove some twisties as well to get a feel for handling. I have to report that the JSPEC shocks are a noticeable improvement. They glide over the small events smoothly. The handling feels about the same as the Ranchos, a bit soft, but still firm on harder turns. So far, I'm pretty impressed with them. Now, I have to take this with a grain cause I also changed a few things in this process.
1. I have a better, more even travel bias, so now the shock gets to do it's job with more real estate to do it with.
2. Hard top is now on, so I added 100lbs. to the back.
3. The new spacers raised the rear 1/4", so a tick more lift which now gives me a small rake. 4.. Maybe the JKS shocks do a better job at dampening?
Since I don't have anywhere to go off road that ain't burnt to a crisp, I'll do some forklift flexing to double check things and report back.

Fork lift flex netted some useful data. Rear axle was off center by 1/4". Damn OCD made me crawl under there and adjust it. Next up I'll do some spirited driving over some real shitty roads for some final thoughts.

Focusing on the front, I can only get 4.32" of up due to my bump stop extension and tire size.

Rancho RS55239: 4.32" up/5.09 down

JKS front shocks for a 2" lift: 4.32" up/4.15" down
JKS front shocks for a 3" lift: 3.96" up/5.91" down (I would need 3/8" more bump stop to use these).

I calculated these numbers at current shock ride height with current bump stop extensions and the advertised shock specs accounting for how much useful up I can get till I hit the bumps.

Reactions: Indy and DrDmoney
I'm pretty happy with how the rear suspension is handling, so I'll be getting their front shocks soon. Also, after a nice conversation with Tom, some more drive shaft shenanigans will be happening in hopes of bettering the vibes. With the hardtop now on, they are downright annoying.

More changes happening. Not all Jeep related. Selling the RV. Gonna clean it out tomorrow and put it on consignment with a local RV lot. It's been a good coach, but just too small for us, so we bought Dad's Class A. He's been trying to sell it but not aggressively, so we can help him out, and upgrade a little as well. It's an older 99 Fleetwood, but only has 54K miles on it. It'll be a project for sure.

More changes happening. Not all Jeep related. Selling the RV. Gonna clean it out tomorrow and put it on consignment with a local RV lot. It's been a good coach, but just too small for us, so we bought Dad's Class A. He's been trying to sell it but not aggressively, so we can help him out, and upgrade a little as well. It's an older 99 Fleetwood, but only has 54K miles on it. It'll be a project for sure.
Nice. How long is it? You know the rules....picture or it didn't happen. Congratulations on your new to you Class A.

Since you have gone "Class A". You won't forget your " Class B & Class C" friends will you??

I believe regular class C gets you up to about 40’ which is mind blowing

What kinda license do you have to have to drive that? I can’t imagine it’s much of one watching ppl drive em

No special license needed to drive or pull any kind of RV as long as its just personal use.

Reactions: JMT