"Pacing myself" build

White looks good chrome or color matched. Mine are black, and because the sienna is so dark, I'm also torn about color matching.

I say color match 'em!

Reactions: bobthetj03
Did an oil change/tire rotation over the weekend. Still getting an occasional lifter tick that was becoming more pronounced towards the end of the oil change cycle, so I decided to try some Rislone this oil change.
Also wanted to check my rear bump stops. I was lazy when I installed the MC jounces and didn't check, so I pulled the springs and put er at full bump. My rear TB has decided it wants to be the bump stops. Not good.
20200914_110530.jpg

Did an oil change/tire rotation over the weekend. Still getting an occasional lifter tick that was becoming more pronounced towards the end of the oil change cycle, so I decided to try some Rislone this oil change.
Also wanted to check my rear bump stops. I was lazy when I installed the MC jounces and didn't check, so I pulled the springs and put er at full bump. My rear TB has decided it wants to be the bump stops. Not good.
View attachment 189928
Affirmative ghost rider, it’s a hit

What did you end up doing? Bend it on a press?
Cut that shit out of the gas tank crossmember. When I get home and out of the smoke and ash I’ll take a pic.

I wanted my axle centered in the wheel well and wouldn’t compromise wheelbase. A Currie TB would probably have solved it. My TB is the Tier 4 Core 4x4. It’s about time I got under there and took a look. I did cycle the suspension and my only issue was a slight rub of the TB on the passenger side shock at full stuff

Reactions: bobthetj03
View attachment 189928
Have you check your wheelbase? Perhaps during your hunt for a correct pinion angle you pushed the axle back unintentionally.

After 100 miles or so on the recent oil change, the lifter tick has not resurfaced. I guess the Rislone did the trick, or the combination of fresh oil and the treatment. Either way the tick has went into hibernation for now. I've decided to keep the headlight bezels black, but mine are rough, so I ordered some new ones in black.

Spent some time today chasing a wiring problem with my trailer plug. I have no left turn signal/brake light. I thought there was a break in this harness,
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002Q7ZJ6/?tag=wranglerorg-20
So I installed a new harness. No bueno.
Ended up chasing the problem to the light converter I installed for the RV lights when I'm flat towing. Hopkins didn't include a charge wire for the left turn signal for some reason. As a temporary fix, I unplugged the converter portioin of the harness and plugged just the wiring in for trailer plug. I'll make a call to Hopkins to see if there is a solution.

Door panel is back on and cleaned up. It's not a repair to be super proud of, but it's better than staring at a crack I guess, lol!
20201001_095552.jpg
20201001_095559.jpg

I always thought they were black, but after cleaning them up I can see the agate color. If they were black my repair would have been less noticeable.

In other jeep news, my attempts to have a level Jeep is starting to backfire on me. I put 0.75" poly spacers in the rear and have 1" up front. This gave me about 5* of rake, which I was happy with. Stuff must have settled some, or the poly spacers are starting to compress, cause now I'm - 2* low. That's with a full tank, soft top, and no back seat. I put the back seat in, a 75lb. dog and hook up Frankentrailer and I'll be Bro truck status. So, some minor changes will be forthcoming.