"Pacing myself" build

Guess I could have went full retard and plum it out the grill and run the switch in the dash, but just went with the KISS method. Yeah, I'm lazy.
I wasn’t going there but since you threw it out...JK, 😆 I was just going to say why not kiss and do the basic wiring and switch under the hood.

• Haha
Reactions: Indy and bobthetj03
Put a fresh set of Bilstein shocks on the RV today. Those suckers have some serious charge! Thank goodness the coach has leveling jacks. Snuck the jeep in the shop and installed the BPE's to the rear and Ranchos back on. Ran out of time to get the front shocks swapped. Baby steps.

Put a fresh set of Bilstein shocks on the RV today. Those suckers have some serious charge! Thank goodness the coach has leveling jacks. Snuck the jeep in the shop and installed the BPE's to the rear and Ranchos back on. Ran out of time to get the front shocks swapped. Baby steps.
How much better are the ranchos stability wise versus your old shocks

How much better are the ranchos stability wise versus your old shocks
I'll reserve judgement until I get the Ranchos back on the front. I can't really tell any stability difference between the two. Made a hard turn getting on the freeway on ramp and it feels the same.

What’s the shock length on those Bilsteins? Have you pulled the springs on the RV to set your Bump stops ? What’s the limiting factor ?
Droop ?

What’s the shock length on those Bilsteins? Have you pulled the springs on the RV to set your Bump stops ? What’s the limiting factor ?
Droop ?
The old ones don't look half bad. you should put them on your jeep You'll have droop for days!

Finished up the wiring to the ARB. it's live, obnoxious, and full of hot air, kinda like me!
While I was at it, I took my 15 year amp hot wire and loomed it up with the ARB wiring for a cleaner look.
20210218_132645.jpg
20210218_132653.jpg
20210218_132706.jpg
20210218_132716.jpg

Now I just need to figure a way to convince the wife the jeep needs a Swaylock. Hmmm.
More stability= Better traction= bigger footprint/surface area= better mpg= saves you $$$
Works everytime😂

just gotta always swing back to the fact you will save money. Kinda like how regearing will pay for it self 🤣

Last edited:
More stability= Better traction= bigger footprint/surface area= better mpg= saves you $$$
Works everytime😂

just gotta always swing back to the fact you will save money. Kinda like how regearing will pay for it self 🤣
How about the safety aspect. “Honey, I will be much safer driving the Jeep if it has a SwayLoc.”

Oh, wait. What the hell was I thinking. My wife sleeps with a copy of my life insurance policy under her pillow...

Routine maintenance day today. Oil change, tire rotation, lube chassis, and put the Ranchos back on the front. Drive home was much more enjoyable. Those JKS shocks may just compliment the dual rate JKS springs better me thinks.