"Pacing myself" build

Looks like you are just about ready for the Moab trip. I'm looking forward to seeing all the pictures you guys post up so I can live vicariously thru all of you.

I need to get my Ham license so I can add a Ham radio to my rig. Might have to look into adding a GMRS radio also.

Looks like you are just about ready for the Moab trip. I'm looking forward to seeing all the pictures you guys post up so I can live vicariously thru all of you.

I need to get my Ham license so I can add a Ham radio to my rig. Might have to look into adding a GMRS radio also.
If you do the mars mod a ham can transmit and recieve on GMRS.

I believe around the country you can get your liscense online right now, so if you want it nows a good time since you don't need to do the test in person.

If you do the mars mod a ham can transmit and recieve on GMRS.

I believe around the country you can get your liscense online right now, so if you want it nows a good time since you don't need to do the test in person.

That is great info. When I looked at it before my closest testing sites were a at least an hour away so if I can do it online that would be awesome. Guess I'd better check into this.

Reactions: D M and Alex01
That is great info. When I looked at it before my closest testing sites were a at least an hour away so if I can do it online that would be awesome. Guess I'd better check into this.
Get to studying. I did the practice tests for while but could only average 75% consistently, then I decided to delve into GMRS as it was a dumb down version of ham, and I was lazy. Now that I have an interest in GMRS I may do better on the ham test.

Reactions: D M and Wildman
Get to studying. I did the practice tests for while but could only average 75% consistently, then I decided to delve into GMRS as it was a dumb down version of ham, and I was lazy. Now that I have an interest in GMRS I may do better on the ham test.

Thanks and yes time to start reading and practicing. I use to have one of the sites where I could do the practice test but not sure if I still have it bookmarked. And I have one of the manuals downloaded so I've got that at least.

Reactions: D M
This is the app I used. I took the test once I was able to get above 80% 9/10 times.
20210410_084851.jpg

Reactions: D M and Wildman
Nooo please dont suck me into ham radio. Spending more $$$ on more comms equipment really is the last thing I need😂 Im already obsessing over CB SSB skip, 50W gmrs units, and setting up home base for both. Jim you should have never have showed me the MXT-275, it has become my downfall and sucked me in to all forms of communication!!!🤣

Nooo please dont suck me into ham radio. Spending more $$$ on more comms equipment really is the last thing I need😂 Im already obsessing over CB SSB skip, 50W gmrs units, and setting up home base for both. Jim you should have never have showed me the MXT-275, it has become my downfall!!!🤣
200.gif

Simmer down young Jedi! The hams just want to suck you in so they aren't stuck talking to folks from the other side of the globe, lol!
@DylanM345 don't listen to Mr. Bob. He's just mad he didn't average above 75%. All the cool kids talk to people in Japan while on the trail.

I’m doing it wrong... I’ve had my ham license for a decade and only used it to talk to friends on weather balloon chases (sometimes from a supporting plane).

I guess we could arrange a TJ Forum chat someday 🤣

... I don’t get the hobby beyond necessity or planned usage

I'm talking to all my Australian friends about your mean comment while I install the upper ball joint. They agree with my side.
Yeppers to that,next time im on ssb skipping to brazil, im gonna tell all my brazilian friends about his rudeness while we discuss how eachothers weather is doing and how well I can hear him due to the solar flares ionizing our atmosphere this time of season🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Alex01
I’m doing it wrong... I’ve had my ham license for a decade and only used it to talk to friends on weather balloon chases (sometimes from a supporting plane).

I guess we could arrange a TJ Forum chat someday 🤣

... I don’t get the hobby beyond necessity or planned usage
I'm guessing that goes for 80% of folks with the license, so don't feel the black sheep.

• Haha
Reactions: D M
In real Jeep news, got the TJ on the lift and torqued/checked everything I could think of. My package of spare goodies will be stowed away in the RV.
Spare rear axle shaft Dana 44
Dana 30 outer stub shaft
Front axle ujoint
unit bearing
Silly Duroflex joints
Spare CA bolts/nuts
Went thru my tool bag
It is what it is.
trany shifts like buttah!