"Pacing myself" build

JKS shocks are up for sale. I'll post the ad tomorrow.

Kind of Jeep related, pulled the trigger on a RVi3 brake system for flat towing. My Brake Buddy died, so I needed something. I've just about wrapped up the TV mod in the RV. I still need to service the transmission and get some new front tires for it, then it should be about ready for Moab.

Just read through this whole thread, wow what a trip with the vibrations. Now you have me worried about when I regear to 4.56 in the future 😆. I'm worried that my jeep might also be sensitive with the driveshaft angles because the previous owner installed a transfer case drop with the 2" coil spacers. I'm hoping it was just a precaution and not that there were vibes with only 2", that might mean problems when I install my lift

• Haha
Reactions: D M
Just read through this whole thread, wow what a trip with the vibrations. Now you have me worried about when I regear to 4.56 in the future 😆. I'm worried that my jeep might also be sensitive with the driveshaft angles because the previous owner installed a transfer case drop with the 2" coil spacers. I'm hoping it was just a precaution and not that there were vibes with only 2", that might mean problems when I install my lift
It's a slippery slope. When I first installed my OME 2.5" lift, I had to lower the t-case skid 3/4" to quell the drive line vibes.

• Wow
Reactions: D M
RVi3 supplemental brake system arrived today, so I get to play with that to get it dialed in with the RV. Got a Bestop spare tire cover to cover up my mismatched spare to clean things up. I'll post some pics soon. I originally ordered a cover for a 32" tire. It's a 33" pizza cutter that's about 40% worn, so I thought that would get me in the ball park. Nope! Way to big. So, I returned it and got one for a 31". Like a glove! Pics to follow.

20210322_160901.jpg

Gonna get it hooked up and go for a test tow later today.
I wasn't a fan of having the break away switch up front, so I found the least conspicuous place I could find to mount it.
20210324_101457.jpg

New Bestop tire cover. Hopefully the sun will shrink out the wrinkles some.
20210324_101526.jpg

I've been trying to get my SWR dialed in, but can't get below 2.0:1, even after several trimmings, so I reached out to Midland. They sent me a new 6db antenna, no questions asked, under warranty, to see if that will help. Good customer service! I was much more cautious on trimming this time and have it down to 1.50:1. I might try to get a little better, but for now it's good enough.

Also gathering up some spare parts to put in the RV for the Moab trip. Spare rear axle shaft, front axle ujoints, outer stub shaft, etc. I also ordered the BMB track bar axle end bolt and capture nut. That front TB has me nervous after finding the jamb nut 3 turns loose the other day, so I'm going to loctite that jamb nut and upgrade the axle side bolt at the same time. Tomorrow, the transmission gets some Redline MTL, and do a torque check on everything I can put a wrench on.

I've been trying to get my SWR dialed in, but can't get below 2.0:1, even after several trimmings, so I reached out to Midland. They sent me a new 6db antenna, no questions asked, under warranty, to see if that will help. Good customer service! I was much more cautious on trimming this time and have it down to 1.50:1. I might try to get a little better, but for now it's good enough.

Also gathering up some spare parts to put in the RV for the Moab trip. Spare rear axle shaft, front axle ujoints, outer stub shaft, etc. I also ordered the BMB track bar axle end bolt and capture nut. That front TB has me nervous after finding the jamb nut 3 turns loose the other day, so I'm going to loctite that jamb nut and upgrade the axle side bolt at the same time. Tomorrow, the transmission gets some Redline MTL, and do a torque check on everything I can put a wrench on.
Glad to hear on your SWR, looks like midland had ya covered👍

When the Browning antenna shows up, we'll have a battle royale for SWR supremacy. Winner will live on the jeep. Loser will go on the RV along with the MXT-275 once the MXT-575 comes out this summer.

Last edited:
When the Browning antenna shows up, we'll have a battle royale for SWR supremacy. Winner will live on the jeep. Loser will go on the RV along with the MXT-275 once the MXT-575 comes out this summer.
Im very excited to see how the new mxt-575 compares to the current Wouxen 1000. Its argued the best on the market right now at 50 watts and fully programmable. Ive seen a video of a guy using two of them as a repeater, but I think the 575 will give it a run for its money

Reactions: Wildman
Im very excited to see how the new mxt-575 compares to the current Wouxen 1000. Its argued the best on the market right now at 50 watts and fully programmable. Ive seen a video of a guy using two of them as a repeater, but I think the 575 will give it a run for its money
The added power will be nice, and being able to program split tones will be a nice feature. That's pretty much all I require of a GMRS radio. I have to admit though, it would be cool to setup the RV with a repeater!

Reactions: D M and Wildman