"Pacing myself" build

We may see each other on the road then. We are going to leave Friday as well, likely around noon and stay overnight in ELY.

Reactions: Wildman
Stocking up on fudge from Cabellas I see. Can't wait to be in town. This is going to be a slow week.
You could squeeze in another mod to pass the time.
1618859240847.png

Edit: If you haven't already ;)

In addition to the bearing whine, I'm now getting a cyclical chirping noise above 25 mph. It's faint, but loud enough to hear it above the whine. Gonna check the drive shafts before heading out tomorrow. Both shafts have less than 10k on them.

I know I ain't close but if you get stuck and need a lift I can be there in about a day. I'll come with my trailer and pick ya up.

Or rent a U-Haul and trailer and tow it home. But the offer is there.

Recent development. Started noticing it prior to Moab, but has been getting progressively louder. Gear whine on decel, really getting louder in the 40-50 mph range. Does it ever end?!

It really never ends.

I'm looking at a potential 42RLE rebuild later in the year. With only at 65k miles! I have a very irritating TC shudder that seems to be slowly worsening and a LOUD valve body solenoid noise when shifting into park or reverse that doesn't make you feel all too well. Both recent developments since the new year.

Whoever the bean counter(s)/upper mgmt person(s) were that forced and approved the choice of this auto transmission in the TJ, I wish on them a permanent itch in the mid-back that can never reach properly to scratch to satisfaction.

Last edited:
I know I ain't close but if you get stuck and need a lift I can be there in about a day. I'll come with my trailer and pick ya up.

Or rent a U-Haul and trailer and tow it home. But the offer is there.
Thanks for the kind words brother, and the offer. We have Good Sam roadside assistance, so if anything goes wonky we are covered.