"Pacing myself" build

Case spreader? Are you finally going to tackle the gears yourself?
Long story short, I regeared it a few years ago with the help of a co-worker. This is when the vibe thing started. In an effort to find the vibes, I had a shop in Sacramento replace everything inside the rear axle and re-re-gear it. When I picked it up it was a howling monkey, so I took it back to them to re-re-re do it. And now, a year later, I have the howling monkey again. Verified it was the rear, and now I get to possibly do it again, so I'm not taking to another shop. I can screw it up just as good as the next guy!

I actually have a good tech at work with experience, and a few local jeep friends who can help me out. In the shop's defense, I could have possibly starved the pinion bearing when I was messing with pinion angles to try and dial out the vibes, but I doubt that's it. Anything's possible, I guess.

Long story short, I regeared it a few years ago with the help of a co-worker. This is when the vibe thing started. In an effort to find the vibes, I had a shop in Sacramento replace everything inside the rear axle and re-re-gear it. When I picked it up it was a howling monkey, so I took it back to them to re-re-re do it. And now, a year later, I have the howling monkey again. Verified it was the rear, and now I get to possibly do it again, so I'm not taking to another shop. I can screw it up just as good as the next guy!

I actually have a good tech at work with experience, and a few local jeep friends who can help me out. In the shop's defense, I could have possibly starved the pinion bearing when I was messing with pinion angles to try and dial out the vibes, but I doubt that's it. Anything's possible, I guess.
Man what a pain. I hear you on the paying a shop thing though. I comment to myself a lot, "why pay some one to screw it up, when I can screw it up for free!"

Work, damn You! Work RHSC!!
20210525_074520.jpg

@lowranger, how's your fire wood supply?

Replaced the right rear shock last night. Old one wasn't great, but was in better shape than the left one I replaced earlier. With a full tank of fuel and 2 functioning rear shocks, the ride home was better. Still room for improvement.

With all the rear diff, shock drama going on, I decided to take a break and focus on some summertime comforts. My favorite summertime configuration has always been the windjammer/duster combo, with some sort of cover over head. As of late, the Spidy shade has done a fine job, but with me getting older and the heat seeming hotter, I thought I'd try a bimini top. Ordered up a Mastertop bimini to try out. Pics to follow. I used to have a Bestop Safari top, but it was so dang noisy I ended up selling it, Hoping the bimini will be quieter.

With all the rear diff, shock drama going on, I decided to take a break and focus on some summertime comforts. My favorite summertime configuration has always been the windjammer/duster combo, with some sort of cover over head. As of late, the Spidy shade has done a fine job, but with me getting older and the heat seeming hotter, I thought I'd try a bimini top. Ordered up a Mastertop bimini to try out. Pics to follow. I used to have a Bestop Safari top, but it was so dang noisy I ended up selling it, Hoping the bimini will be quieter.

I still have my Bimini top, I used to run it until we got English Bulldogs. I guess a Safari top is pointless if you have a soft top.

Bimini top is on. Fitment is acceptable. It's just as noisy as I thought it would be at freeway speeds. good news is it stops a lot of wind intrusion between the Windjammer and the door surrounds, so I'm not getting blow dried on the hot days that are already here. It'll work for now, or until I get irritated enough to rip it off, lol! It was $29.99, so I'm not out a lot.

Yikes, I need to clean up those sound pods a little! They've been covered by my Krawler Spidy shade, so out of sight, out of mind.
I SEM Trim Black'ed mine about a year ago. They're still holding up well. Why not Spidey Shade? Do you just need more coverage in the CA heat?

I SEM Trim Black'ed mine about a year ago. They're still holding up well. Why not Spidey Shade? Do you just need more coverage in the CA heat?
The Spidy shade is great and all, but when it's 105* out, like is has been all this week, the drive home is a bit rough. I'm supposed to keep my face out of direct sunlight too, but I suck at that.

My Windjammer/Duster have served me well, but as is with my body over the years, things are getting a bit long in the tooth.
20210602_131602.jpg
20210602_131613.jpg
20210602_131628.jpg

At 15 years old, they don't owe me anything. Digging up some archives, I found this nugget of my first big (to me at the time) wheeling trip shortly after getting said Windjammer/Duster/Safari combo. My jeep didn't come with a soft top, so I didn't even have door surrounds back then.
P1010419.JPG