"Pacing myself" build

Items are rolling in.
20210920_131147.jpg

What the hell is that in your last picture? It looks like something I would make :ROFLMAO:
I'd say it's some sort of divining rod, useful for tracking down ground issues with radio antenna installs

It's a J-pole antenna for GMRS frequencies. I mounted it on a 10' pole for my base unit at home.

See, right there where you've got it with the 2.5" OME and the 31" tires, I LOVE that look.

If I could do my Jeep over, I would go with this exact setup. Hell, I had this EXACT setup, but I sold it for a 4" Currie lift and 33" tires. Now I LOVE my Currie lift and the 33" tires, but the issue is that where I'm at, and the type of stuff I do, it just doesn't warrant a 4" lift and 33" tires. I've got some massive overkill going on, and that's something I didn't think about when I built it.

Anyways, great looking TJ, I really look forward to see more of what you're doing with it. White is such a classic color, and looks so good offset by the black trim.
Chris - this build is exactly what I'm lining up for my '05. Can you run 32" tires with the 2.5" OME lift? Or better to stick with 31"? Also, thinking of going black wheels and lose the chrome. I like the more basic look. PO had installed the chrome bumpers.

Chris - this build is exactly what I'm lining up for my '05. Can you run 32" tires with the 2.5" OME lift? Or better to stick with 31"? Also, thinking of going black wheels and lose the chrome. I like the more basic look. PO had installed the chrome bumpers.

Haha, I love when people drag up super old posts of mine that I no longer agree with whatsoever. I guess it just shows we learn more the older we get. @JMT knows how I feel.

I would pick a 31" tire though and this lift setup:

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/a-recipe-for-an-affordable-but-quality-2-5-lift.41687/
I wouldn't bother with the OME lift anymore personally. The shocks are garbage and the springs are overpriced IMHO.

Also, don't take offense to this, I'm not meaning to be offensive. My thoughts on lifts and such have changed in the past several years.

If I was going to run a TJ with a mild lift though, it would be everything I mentioned above (y)

Reactions: JMT
Haha, I love when people drag up super old posts of mine that I no longer agree with whatsoever. I guess it just shows we learn more the older we get. @JMT knows how I feel.

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/a-recipe-for-an-affordable-but-quality-2-5-lift.41687/
I wouldn't bother with the OME lift anymore personally. The shocks are garbage and the springs are overpriced IMHO.

Also, don't take offense to this, I'm not meaning to be offensive. My thoughts on lifts and such have changed in the past several years.

If I was going to run a TJ with a mild lift though, it would be everything I mentioned above (y)
No offense taken at all...It's taken me this whole year just to get my head straight on what I want to do with this jeep.

After the 2.5" lift, would you still do a 1" body lift as well? Or not necessary with the 31" tires?

No offense taken at all...It's taken me this whole year just to get my head straight on what I want to do with this jeep.

After the 2.5" lift, would you still do a 1" body lift as well? Or not necessary with the 31" tires?

I would say 2.5" lift for 31s. If you add a 1" body lift you're going to want to run a 32".

That body lift isn't necessary with a 2.5" lift and 31" tires however.

Reactions: lowranger

FYI, people are not able to get 2” ProComp springs right now due to the Covid. Further, someone said they were also going out of production. I’ve been suggesting 2” Teraflex or 2” OME as substitute. Maybe there are better suggestions you know of. If all this is confirmed, may want to change the recipe

• Wow
Reactions: Wildman and Chris
FYI, people are not able to get 2” ProComp springs right now due to the Covid. Further, someone said they were also going out of production. I’ve been suggesting 2” Teraflex or 2” OME as substitute. Maybe there are better suggestions you know of. If all this is confirmed, may want to change the recipe
Sounds like the recipe needs to be changed indeed. The OME springs are fine, I just think they are overpriced and it’s confusing as hell trying to figure out which combination of OME springs will yield which results.

Reactions: Wildman and JMT
Sounds like the recipe needs to be changed indeed. The OME springs are fine, I just think they are overpriced and it’s confusing as hell trying to figure out which combination of OME springs will yield which results.
I agree with that 100%. It’s hard to know what combo and how much lift they will give. Seeing it’s borderline for vibes makes it all the more difficult. Maybe

1” H&R + 1” spacer
or
2” HD 2933 + 2” LD 2941

Reactions: Chris and Wildman
I'm getting anxious for my Swayloc to show up. Not sure why. I haven't done any meaningful wheeling since April in Moab. It's a jeep thing I think. I ordered it August 26th. I was invoiced on the 30th. I called Northridge yesterday to get an update. This is the email I got back,

"We are working diligently on parts to send TJ kits, I do believe we are on track to hopefully ship this tomorrow for James!
Thanks".

Still no tracking # as of today, ugh!

In the mean time I have collected some refresh items I posted earlier. New seat covers, Tuffy lock box for under the seat, new GMRS radio, etc. Now I just need to find the time to rip the interior out, again, to install all this crap.

Waiting for parts is never fun. I'm still waiting for the skids, for the JL, that I was told would arrive before the Rubicon trip.

We need to get something in the books.

Waiting for parts is never fun. I'm still waiting for the skids, for the JL, that I was told would arrive before the Rubicon trip.

We need to get something in the books.
Bring the JL up here and we'll run Cow. I'll keep you out of the bushes, I promise! ;) We can run Bartlett Springs too if Cow doesn't sound fun.

Reactions: D M and Alex01