"Pacing myself" build

All done.
20211023_174912.jpg

20211023_174922.jpg

Start to finish, took me about 3 hours. Not terrible, but I'm sore today! Didn't have a chance to play with it, but the drive home felt solid. Can't quite pin it down, but it does handle different, not in a bad way or anything. It feels a little more solid than the factory bar, but at the same time the small events seem more controlled and smoother. Can't wait to try it on the trail next weekend!

I didn't want to do shocks and the Swayloc at the same time because I wanted to feel the differences, if any, before changing shocks. This should wrap up the last of my refresh items for the season. Hard top will go back on after the Halloween run, then I get to deal with harmonics, again.
I'll be hitting 190K miles by the weekend, to Sunday will likely be cleaning up the muddy mess from Saturday and an oil change. 5" of rain so far in the past 24 hours and counting!

I didn't want to do shocks and the Swayloc at the same time because I wanted to feel the differences, if any, before changing shocks. This should wrap up the last of my refresh items for the season. Hard top will go back on after the Halloween run, then I get to deal with harmonics, again.
I'll be hitting 190K miles by the weekend, to Sunday will likely be cleaning up the muddy mess from Saturday and an oil change. 5" of rain so far in the past 24 hours and counting!
Can you squeeze in the MT’s before the Halloween 🎃 Run?! Sounds like you could use them!

Reactions: Wildman and Alex01
Can you squeeze in the MT’s before the Halloween 🎃 Run?! Sounds like you could use them!
I'm sure I will be wishing I had them. Nope, can't do tires till next summer. It'll be a racing slick fest with these KO2's until then.

Reactions: JMT
I'm sure I will be wishing I had them. Nope, can't do tires till next summer. It'll be a racing slick fest with these KO2's until then.
Why? Just sell them now while there’s still some tread left. Get $350 for them and go for new ones for another $500 and you’re good to go! That’s my MO

Reactions: D M
What hole on the arms do you guys suggest I put the end links on? I currently have it on the 2nd. hole from the end and it feels very solid around corners.

What hole on the arms do you guys suggest I put the end links on? I currently have it on the 2nd. hole from the end and it feels very solid around corners.
Bring the tools to change the holes and we can find a rock to flex on Saturday to find what the correct balance is.

I always ran mine on the loosest setting but I never had a rear swaybar and my shocks were so stiff that I could run without a swaybar. So my preference might not be a good point of reference.

Reactions: D M and bobthetj03
Why? Just sell them now while there’s still some tread left. Get $350 for them and go for new ones for another $500 and you’re good to go! That’s my MO
Dang. Tires are cheap in your neck of the woods...I bought three used and two new ones and it was still over 600 bucks AFTER I got the monies for selling the old 33s!

Reactions: Wildman
Dang. Tires are cheap in your neck of the woods...I bought three used and two new ones and it was still over 600 bucks AFTER I got the monies for selling the old 33s!
I bought 4 33" Maxxix Razr's through Ebay for ~$900 shipped. They are now on the twins rig. I sold their 32's for $500 with 15-16/32's, and the twins paid me $100 more, so I lost $300 switching out 33's for 32's, but I did get to use the Razr's myself for 9 months. They have 16/32's remaining. I really like that tire. They are very aggressive and hook up amazing. I didn't have any chunking like @NashvilleTJ, but we haven't had them as long as him either, so that may become an issue for us down the road.

I bought 4 35" BFG KM3's for $839 through 4wd.com on sale. I thought that was a really good deal. Can't say I love the tire though. They're just okay. I am hoping my opinion will improve when snow comes. I read they are impressive for an MT on snow.

I bought 4 33" Maxxix Razr's through Ebay for ~$900 shipped. They are now on the twins rig. I sold their 32's for $500 with 15-16/32's, and the twins paid me $100 more, so I lost $300 switching out 33's for 32's, but I did get to use the Razr's myself for 9 months. They have 16/32's remaining. I really like that tire. They are very aggressive and hook up amazing. I didn't have any chunking like @NashvilleTJ, but we haven't had them as long as him either, so that may become an issue for us down the road.

I bought 4 35" BFG KM3's for $839 through 4wd.com on sale. I thought that was a really good deal. Can't say I love the tire though. They're just okay. I am hoping my opinion will improve when snow comes. I read they are impressive for an MT on snow.
That is a good price. We have a difference on wheel diameter too...17" tires are way more expensive than 15" for some reason. Less material, so it must be a supply and demand issue...

Reactions: Alex01 and Wildman
That is a good price. We have a difference on wheel diameter too...17" tires are way more expensive than 15" for some reason. Less material, so it must be a supply and demand issue...
oh yeah, I forgot you are on 17's. I may end up on 17's one day. It was on my radar this time around. They are quite a bit more expensive.

Reactions: TJTJ04 and Wildman