"Pacing myself" build

Enough tire talk. Back to Swayloc goodness. I couldn't resist, so I put the end links back to the last hole. I literally cannot tell any difference in street mode. I flipped the lever into off road mode for the first time. I think I'm in LOVE! :love:

When the weather clears mid week I'll do some flexing to check clearances and such.

With a break in the weather I did a little flex to make sure that passenger side arm clears. Under full stuff, full lock I have 3/4" of clearance with the tire, so I'm good! Before, my factory sway bar would rub against the tire, as seen here.
20211027_145549.jpg

With a break in the weather I did a little flex to make sure that passenger side arm clears. Under full stuff, full lock I have 3/4" of clearance with the tire, so I'm good! Before, my factory sway bar would rub against the tire, as seen here.
View attachment 286692
Must be the SwayLoc coupled with the 10.5" tires. I can't get my 12.5's to clear the AntiRock. I could if I put some washers on the steering lock, but not worth it for me. Nice job here though!

Must be the SwayLoc coupled with the 10.5" tires. I can't get my 12.5's to clear the AntiRock. I could if I put some washers on the steering lock, but not worth it for me. Nice job here though!
What back spacing are your wheels?

3.625"

I've always rubbed the stock swaybar and driver side shock tower. Now I rub the anti-rock and the driver side shock tower.
My wheels are 3.75", but like you said, with the pizza cutters, I get a bit more clearance. I also added a washer on the the steering stops a while back.

My wheels are 3.75", but like you said, with the pizza cutters, I get a bit more clearance. I also added a washer on the the steering stops a while back.
3.625"

I've always rubbed the stock swaybar and driver side shock tower. Now I rub the anti-rock and the driver side shock tower.
Its weird how we all have different points of contact on relatively similar setups. My 35 x 12.5 on a 4" BS wheel clears the shock towers and SwayLoc arms, but the inside rubs my control arms at full lock, both directions. My solution will be a couple washers.

Reactions: bobthetj03
Its weird how we all have different points of contact on relatively similar setups. My 35 x 12.5 on a 4" BS wheel clears the shock towers and SwayLoc arms, but the inside rubs my control arms at full lock, both directions. My solution will be a couple washers.
I’m another with contact on the arms, but since it’s all low speed I decided I’m okay with it.

That is odd. I’ve never contacted my lower CA’s. The twins do with the Maxxis 33’s. I’m not sure what their BS is on their steel ProComp D window wheels, but I know their front axle isn’t centered because they haven’t installed the JKS front TB from @rasband. Should be doing this soon, as well as some other mods, but the interesting thing is they hit the stock CA’s when they turn.

Reactions: Wildman and rasband
Enough tire talk. Back to Swayloc goodness. I couldn't resist, so I put the end links back to the last hole. I literally cannot tell any difference in street mode. I flipped the lever into off road mode for the first time. I think I'm in LOVE! :love:

When the weather clears mid week I'll do some flexing to check clearances and such.

I told you about this a long time ago .. it's crazy the first time you do that switch. Now go on a dirt road 🙂

Reactions: bobthetj03
I've been driving the jeep all week, in various street and freeway situations. While driving in town, you know those drainage whoops they put at intersections? When you go over them at an angle, especially at slow speeds or moving forward from a stop, it likes to throw the jeep from side to side, often quite violently. The Swayloc seems to make that scenario noticeably less violent. If my off roading trip nets similar improvements, I'm going to call this upgrade one of my favorites to date! If you are on the fence about getting the Swayloc, don't be, monies well spent!

I've been driving the jeep all week, in various street and freeway situations. While driving in town, you know those drainage whoops they put at intersections? When you go over them at an angle, especially at slow speeds or moving forward from a stop, it likes to throw the jeep from side to side, often quite violently. The Swayloc seems to make that scenario noticeably less violent. If my off roading trip nets similar improvements, I'm going to call this upgrade one of my favorites to date! If you are on the fence about getting the Swayloc, don't be, monies well spent!
Yes... It makes everything better.

I'm happy to report that the Swayloc has exceeded my expectations, both on road and off road. After yesterday's jeep run, I clocked a mixture of pavement, forest service roads, and some minor technical sections. The jeep felt very planted in off camber situations, and was super easy to switch from street to trail. Not going to miss my disco links one bit. I gave them to a fellow jeeper.
20211030_150207.jpg
20211030_173236.jpg

I'm happy to report that the Swayloc has exceeded my expectations, both on road and off road. After yesterday's jeep run, I clocked a mixture of pavement, forest service roads, and some minor technical sections. The jeep felt very planted in off camber situations, and was super easy to switch from street to trail. Not going to miss my disco links one bit. I gave them to a fellow jeeper.
View attachment 287512View attachment 287513

Another SwayLoc convert...
It's a large entry price but IMO worth it 👌. Thanks for the report and opinion.

Reactions: bobthetj03 and D M