"Pacing myself" build

Saturday the Fam is heading up either the M-2 or M-4 and see how far we can make it. I’m sure the snow is low.
Well bring the sled and see if we can’t catch some air lol
When are you guys rolling out Saturday? Trying to decide if I want to drive 4 hrs. to do Uncle Tom's Cabin, join you guys, or just hit some local stuff.

Reactions: DrDmoney
When are you guys rolling out Saturday? Trying to decide if I want to drive 4 hrs. to do Uncle Tom's Cabin, join you guys, or just hit some local stuff.
Probably not too early. 10:00-10:30
We are preparing some stew, find a spot and set up for a late lunch

I think my axel on the trailer might be low on hub oil lol
EB7C02BE-E7BF-4787-9082-7838CE9EBF85.jpeg

Thoughts on the Standard Ignition combination switch:

After going thru 2 Napa Eclin switches, I gave up on them and purchased a Standard Ignition unit. First impressions, the switch felt more solid. Turning the switch to the different functions felt more robust and a bit harder to turn by feel. Each position was pronounced. All in all, just a better built piece, IMO. If you can't find a Mopar unit, I wouldn't hesitate purchasing this Standard Ignition unit.

After going thru 2 Napa Eclin switches, I gave up on them and purchased a Standard Ignition unit. First impressions, the switch felt more solid. Turning the switch to the different functions felt more robust and a bit harder to turn by feel. Each position was pronounced. All in all, just a better built piece, IMO. If you can't find a Mopar unit, I wouldn't hesitate purchasing this Standard Ignition unit.
Does that switch have the same detents as the stock TJ switch? I've always disliked having no ACC position on the start side of the switch.

Does that switch have the same detents as the stock TJ switch? I've always disliked having no ACC position on the start side of the switch.
It has nothing to do with the ignition switch if that is what you're asking. This switch operates the turn signals and lights.

And why doesn't your ignition have an ACC position?
There was some discussion about this on another thread, but the 5 detents in the ignition switch (on my '04 anyway) are:

Start
Run
Steering unlock (everything off)
Off (Key can be removed)
ACC

My irritation has always been that when you turn the engine off (i.e. go from run back to steering unlock) my head unit shuts off - along with everything else. And it takes a few minutes for the head unit to cycle back up either by moving back to the run position, or back past the off position to ACC.

Most cars (in my experience anyway), the radio stays on when you turn off the engine, unless you go all the way back to off.

That's what I meant by no ACC on the start side of the switch.

Certainly not a big deal...:rolleyes:

There was some discussion about this on another thread, but the 5 detents in the ignition switch (on my '04 anyway) are:

Start
Run
Steering unlock (everything off)
Off (Key can be removed)
ACC

My irritation has always been that when you turn the engine off (i.e. go from run back to steering unlock) my head unit shuts off - along with everything else. And it takes a few minutes for the head unit to cycle back up either by moving back to the run position, or back past the off position to ACC.

Most cars (in my experience anyway), the radio stays on when you turn off the engine, unless you go all the way back to off.

That's what I meant by no ACC on the start side of the switch.

Certainly not a big deal...:rolleyes:
Your key is worn out. Do you have a fresh back up key? My key is so worn I can take it out of the ignition when it's running. However, as a result I can't click to my ACC position with the worn key. If I use a new key I can click on ACC, and my key won't fall out, lol!
I like the worn key when I'm flat towing so I can just put it in the unlock position and take the key out for security.

Your key is worn out. Do you have a fresh back up key? My key is so worn I can take it out of the ignition when it's running. However, as a result I can't click to my ACC position with the worn key. If I use a new key I can click on ACC, and my key won't fall out, lol!
I like the worn key when I'm flat towing so I can just put it in the unlock position and take the key out for security.
No, the key is fine. The only position I can remove the key is in the "off" position. I may not be explaining it well enough, but the only way to go from "on" (engine running) to "ACC", is to go back through the "off" position. And then it takes a good amount of time for my head unit to reboot. I've just been trying to find out if that is that way for all TJ's.

(But we are spending way too much time on this one...:))

Reactions: Wildman
No, the key is fine. The only position I can remove the key is in the "off" position. I may not be explaining it well enough, but the only way to go from "on" (engine running) to "ACC", is to go back through the "off" position. And then it takes a good amount of time for my head unit to reboot. I've just been trying to find out if that is that way for all TJ's.

(But we are spending way too much time on this one...:))
Lol! I'm finally picking up what you're laying down. Yes, you are right, cycling back to ACC is problematic for that.

I've just been trying to find out if that is that way for all TJ's.
Mine I can quickly move from RUN to ACC and the radio won't die. I don't know if that's common or not, but I use that fairly regularly because similarly it surprised me when I first got it.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMT and Wildman
Mine I can quickly move from RUN to ACC and the radio won't die. I don't know if that's common or not, but I use that fairly regularly because similarly it surprised me when I first got it.
I can do that too. Still don’t know if it’s common.

My flasher relay is freaking loud with the new MFS. Did you notice a difference?