"Pacing myself" build

I'm really liking your build so far, I def see some similarities from mine to yours.
Very cool, will be following this. I really like that carport you have, thats a game changer for removing the top yourself.

Reactions: bobthetj03
I'm really liking your build so far, I def see some similarities from mine to yours.
Very cool, will be following this. I really like that carport you have, thats a game changer for removing the top yourself.

Yep, the carport comes in handy for my hillbilly hardtop removal system.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
In "pacing myself" fashion, I'm trying to find a light at the end of the tunnel with my build. Have to draw a line on a few things.
1. 33's are end goal. I don't need, want, or desire any bigger tire size for my needs.
2. I want under armor, and I don't need flat skids to accomplish it. 1.5" of additional clearance works for me.
3. Need to finish off the control arm purchase with the rear lowers.
4. fix the harmonic vibe bullshit. Tires are a contributor. Done with mud terrains.
5. Need to pick a oil pan skid, and gas tank skid. The 0.5" BL sets me up for Rokmen's skid. MC, and UCF don't give me the 1.5" additional clearance that Rokmen provides.
6. At some point, I need to address a selectable locker and beefing up axles a little, just a little. Don't need to get carried away here.
7. At 157K miles, stuff is going to show it's age, so routine maintenance, and replacing stuff that just wears out will task me.
Stereo refresh is about complete, so good to go in that department.
I want to add some LED lighting up front. Nothing too extreme. maybe some interior upgrades with seat covers and maybe Bedrug upgrades.
Just thinking out loud here to find composure.

You’d put the selectable locker in the rear Dana 44, right? So, all you need there are some stronger axles. 4360 for the Dana 44 I believe. That’s no more than $250. You’re almost at the end of that tunnel...great build

In "pacing myself" fashion, I'm trying to find a light at the end of the tunnel with my build. Have to draw a line on a few things.
1. 33's are end goal. I don't need, want, or desire any bigger tire size for my needs.
2. I want under armor, and I don't need flat skids to accomplish it. 1.5" of additional clearance works for me.
4. fix the harmonic vibe bullshit. Tires are a contributor. Done with mud terrains.
5. Need to pick a oil pan skid, and gas tank skid. The 0.5" BL sets me up for Rokmen's skid. MC, and UCF don't give me the 1.5" additional clearance that Rokmen provides.
6. At some point, I need to address a selectable locker and beefing up axles a little, just a little. Don't need to get carried away here.
7. At 157K miles, stuff is going to show it's age, so routine maintenance, and replacing stuff that just wears out will task me.
I want to add some LED lighting up front. Nothing too extreme. maybe some interior upgrades with seat covers and maybe Bedrug upgrades.
I agree with some of the under armor, i'm kind of always in the market for good affordable options in that category. You thinking KO2's in the future?

You’d put the selectable locker in the rear Dana 44, right? So, all you need there are some stronger axles. 4360 for the Dana 44 I believe. That’s no more than $250. You’re almost at the end of that tunnel...great build

Yep, thinking E-locker in the rear and upgrade the shafts. The front has been open for this long now, so I don't see changing that. Maybe down the road if I get bored.

I agree with some of the under armor, i'm kind of always in the market for good affordable options in that category. You thinking KO2's in the future?

KO2's are a strong contender.

Yep, thinking E-locker in the rear and upgrade the shafts. The front has been open for this long now, so I don't see changing that. Maybe down the road if I get bored.

KO2's are a strong contender.
A great budget upgrade for the front would be an Aussie locker. Locker and oil around 300.

I agree, love the e-locker. That will be my choice when the time (and money) comes.

For under armor I like UCF and Savvy. You can get the oil pan skid tied in. Does Rokmen have one that ties in?

Harmonic vibes? Hmm...frustrating

Reactions: bobthetj03
I agree, love the e-locker. That will be my choice when the time (and money) comes.

For under armor I like UCF and Savvy. You can get the oil pan skid tied in. Does Rokmen have one that ties in?

Harmonic vibes? Hmm...frustrating

Rokmen has a oil pan skid that ties in, but I'm not opposed to other options. The harmonic vibes are a continuing saga. I want to replace the rear yoke, and have a professional shop look at the rear gears to rule that out.

Reactions: JMT
Nice list.. have you decided an order for tackling this stuff?

Nice list.. have you decided an order for tackling this stuff?

The harmonic vibe issue will be ongoing. Probably a new rear yoke then control arms, then TT. Finish off with an oil pan skid, then maybe, just maybe, a gas tank skid. The factory gas tank skid on the 03+ TJ's are pretty stout. If I go with Rokmen's skid, I'd gain 1" of clearance.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara