"Pacing myself" build

They probably do now. When the guy I bought it from bought it 2 years ago, that was a $150 option.

We are half way through our current trip and I like our Brake Buddy. I’m glad I wired it so that I have a redundant dash light to let me know every time the Jeeps brake pedal is depressed. There has been one time so far that the alert system showed that the brake Buddy had activated and then it didn’t fully retract leaving some pressure on the Jeeps brake pedal. I pulled over and found the unit had shifted a bit to one side so that even though it operated properly, the brake was still being depressed a bit.
All and all it seems to be a decent solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are half way through our current trip and I like our Brake Buddy. I’m glad I wired it so that I have a redundant dash light to let me know every time the Jeeps brake pedal is depressed. There has been one time so far that the alert system showed that the brake Buddy had activated and then it didn’t fully retract leaving some pressure on the Jeeps brake pedal. I pulled over and found the unit had shifted a bit to one side so that even though it operated properly, the brake was still being depressed a bit.
All and all it seems to be a decent solution.

That's something I'll definitely have to keep an eye on.

That's something I'll definitely have to keep an eye on.

The important thing to understand is, the alert light from the brake Buddy went out making you think that the pressure was off the brake pedal when it wasn’t. I’m convinced that if I had not wired in the redundant light connected to the Jeep brake pedal I would have never known I was damaging my brakes. I didn’t feel any drag on the coach.

The important thing to understand is, the alert light from the brake Buddy went out making you think that the pressure was off the brake pedal when it wasn’t. I’m convinced that if I had not wired in the redundant light connected to the Jeep brake pedal I would have never known I was damaging my brakes. I didn’t feel any drag on the coach.

Yep, one of the pitfalls of using that type of supplemental braking me thinks. Hey, got a recommendation on a good RV campground in Moab?

The best one we have stayed in, and we have stayed in 5 so far is the Moab KOA. We are staying there now.

Nice! We are KOA members, so that should help. How far in advance did you book a site?

"The continuing saga of the pesky multi-function switch" continues.

Ok, the cliff notes version. Replaced my turn signal switch a while back because the fog lights would stay on for no reason other than to mock me. Couldn't have the jeep down, so I picked up a Napa Echlin switch and installed it. Figured I'd take the Mopar one apart and do the fix that @jjvw did on his. Being all proud of myself for thinking I fixed the old switch, I put the old one on the shelf for when, yes, when the Napa, made in China, garbage flew the coop. Well, it didn't take long for that to happen. Bout 6 months or so me thinks. Hit the hazard button one day and PUUFF! fries the MFS circuit fuse. Ok, time to shine fixed Mopar switch. I install it, and hmmm, headlights stay on no matter what position I have the headlight switch on. Well, this won't work. Didn't have time to take it back apart and see what I screwed up, so off to Napa I went to get a free replacement(lifetime warranty is underrated if you have to constantly replace these pieces of garbage). 2nd. new switch in and 4 months later, turn signals started acting up and wouldn't signal unless I held the lever fully engaged. Am I surprised? NO! Back to Napa for switch #3, which is what happened today. I'm getting pretty efficient at changing out the multi-function switch. At some point I'll take the factory one back apart and see if I can find out what went horribly wrong. In the mean time, gotta get the jeep ready for toad duty later this week.
20180604_141537.jpg

Bella showing sympathy to my plight.
20180530_100901.jpg

Reactions: jjvw and BendLarry