"Pacing myself" build

Reactions: ScottCO and ac_
A stirrup is basically just what it sounds like, a stirrup. I can make one out of a leather strap and stirrup. It attaches to the outer front seat bolt and easily swings out for ingress and in for egress. Something like this.

https://www.jeepcargonet.com/2016-02-10-05-56-18/prod92-7/56-jeep-stirrup-step

It works well for 5’4” women and little kids. :D
That is really cool haha. I have never seen one of those before. You may be able to go up 6 inches with one of those. haha

A stirrup is basically just what it sounds like, a stirrup. I can make one out of a leather strap and stirrup. It attaches to the outer front seat bolt and easily swings out for ingress and in for egress. Something like this.

https://www.jeepcargonet.com/2016-02-10-05-56-18/prod92-7/56-jeep-stirrup-step

It works well for 5’4” women and little kids. :D

You dang Texans and your stirrups! Lol! Seriously though, thanks for the suggestions. I'll take your stirrup idea into consideration.

Reactions: JMT
Or to save a little money.....just a rope with a couple of big knots in it. :risas3:
Time to get in the Jeep again...
02f90e87472bf3da56a589fce0912e08.jpg

Reactions: JMT and ac_
Here's my issue with Currie 4" springs(or any other 4" spring maker), You put 4" springs on, and now have a rake. So what do you do? Add another inch up front to level. Now you're 5" of lift plus the BL. Now I'm hunting CL for AEV Pintlers and some 35's! Oh, wait, @Chris already bought the last set on earth, lol!

Reactions: tomtaylz and ac_
Here's my issue with Currie 4" springs(or any other 4" spring maker), You put 4" springs on, and now have a rake. So what do you do? Add another inch up front to level. Now you're 5" of lift plus the BL. Now I'm hunting CL for AEV Pintlers and some 35's! Oh, wait, @Chris already bought the last set on earth, lol!

Naaaah, I got JK Pintlers. You can still buy them brand new on the AEV website.

That will be @Chris 's youngest daughter trying to get in the jeep after the 35's go on. Lol!

More like my wife getting on my case because the Jeep keeps getting taller and therefore hard to get in and out of... especially at 4 months pregnant, haha.

But technically isn't the rake because of the winch and winch bumper on the front and not really from the springs? I mean I know there is a slight factory rake, but you could probably level it out with a 3/4 in front especially because you have a hard top, something I don't.

Maybe since you are only buying springs you could do something like 3" rears from savvy and 4 inch fronts from Currie?

I had a hell of a time getting the 2 inch front springs in. I have no idea how the hell these guys are getting a 4 inch spring in there.

More like my wife getting on my case because the Jeep keeps getting taller and therefore hard to get in and out of... especially at 4 months pregnant, haha.
You work out. Give her a boost! That’s the main reason I lift my Jeep. ;)

Reactions: Chris

I had a hell of a time getting the 2 inch front springs in. I have no idea how the hell these guys are getting a 4 inch spring in there.

I got pretty good at using spring compressors. Aftermarket control arms allow for a little more droop than the stock arms.

Reactions: ac_
But technically isn't the rake because of the winch and winch bumper on the front and not really from the springs? I mean I know there is a slight factory rake, but you could probably level it out with a 3/4 in front especially because you have a hard top, something I don't.

Maybe since you are only buying springs you could do something like 3" rears from savvy and 4 inch fronts from Currie?

That is what I liked about the OME springs. going with the heavier 933's I netted exactly 2.5" of lift in the front, after the winch install.

That is what I liked about the OME springs. going with the heavier 933's I netted exactly 2.5" of lift in the front, after the winch install.
Ah ok I see your plan. Weird though that didnt' work for me. I have a massive droop comparative, but actually I think I have more rake that droop probably. I mean I am finally level with a 3/4 rake now of which I can live with now.

I have air bags for the rear also, that I am going to install if it will ever get below 110 here.

Ah ok I see your plan. Weird though that didnt' work for me. I have a massive droop comparative, but actually I think I have more rake that droop probably. I mean I am finally level with a 3/4 rake now of which I can live with now.

I have air bags for the rear also, that I am going to install if it will ever get below 110 here.

Yeah, your scenario was a bit strange. I bought my lift 13 years ago, so who knows how their quality control is these days. For now, this is all just talking outloud. Jeep funds are scarce right now, so just need to maintain and fix what breaks for now.

Reactions: JMT and ac_