"Pacing myself" build

Yeah brah! That looked nice. The Barnes Skid AND with the transmission mount slots! Methinks this is a nice piece of steel. More clearance FTW!

Oh, and Happy Birthday to you! Wish I could send you a bolt or something! :D

Make sure to measure before and after.

That is the plan. Also will note drive shaft angles and possible pinion angle changes that may or may not be needed.

My plan works in my head, so we shall see how it plays out. I opted for the baby TT to keep angles and dangles happy. Right now my TC linkage is playing nice, and it did fine when I had the skid 3/4" lower, so it should also do ok with the skid up an inch too. With the new configuration, the TC linkage should only see a 0.5" change in location. I'd love to get the Savvy cable shifter, but the money tree has shed its leaves for the winter.

I also didn't want to deal with making drastic pinion angle changes to compensate for jambing the drive train into the tunnel, so I'm playing it conservative.

Reactions: JMT
I can’t wait to do a flatter skid. It’s going to fix my shifter angle and boot. I’ll be looking it over at Moab!

Reactions: bobthetj03
I found this special for you...

:dev14:

Today I wanted to let you know how special you are and that

:iloveyou:

Reactions: bobthetj03 and ac_
Damm brah, it's time to tuck that bitch! I want to see side profile shots once it's installed.

Prepare for extreme rear pinion angles!

You're not keeping up with the class brah! That is why I went with a baby tuck. I didn't want to run into the same problems you were having. I don't have disposable fun coupons like you do, lol!

Reactions: tomtaylz
You're not keeping up with the class brah! That is why I went with a baby tuck. I didn't want to run into the same problems you were having. I don't have disposable fun coupons like you do, lol!

Or in my case, I simply didn't realize well enough what I was getting myself into!

One thing came to mind the other day when I was dropping my fuel tank... AGAIN. If the rear axle was a high pinion instead of low pinion, the rear pinion angle would be much, much less severe.

I curse Jeep for not making them high pinion to begin with.

Or in my case, I simply didn't realize well enough what I was getting myself into!

One thing came to mind the other day when I was dropping my fuel tank... AGAIN. If the rear axle was a high pinion instead of low pinion, the rear pinion angle would be much, much less severe.

I curse Jeep for not making them high pinion to begin with.

Agreed, HP's would help that situation for sure. I'm still searching the local wrecking yards for a good donor HP30 for the front. I guess you could open up your wallet and fork out the caps for a Prorock HP44 for the rear.

Agreed, HP's would help that situation for sure. I'm still searching the local wrecking yards for a good donor HP30 for the front. I guess you could open up your wallet and fork out the caps for a Prorock HP44 for the rear.

Yes, of course the front wouldn't be as big of a deal as the rear.

A nice Currie RockJock 44 for the rear would sure be awesome though!

Reactions: bobthetj03

Dont give Chris any ideas. Before you know it he will be ordering 1 ton axles. :p

Reactions: tomtaylz