"Pacing myself" build

I might be up for this! Still waiting on my new savvy gas tank skid to install:(
Make sure you run that tank low. I've done that install on my jeep. With a lift though it would be much easier since you could just drop the tank on a cart and lift the jeep.

Make sure you run that tank low. I've done that install on my jeep. With a lift though it would be much easier since you could just drop the tank on a cart and lift the jeep.

I have not dropped the tank on the Jeep before but I have on a few other vehicles.... the tank as close to empty is definitely the key to success[emoji3]

I have not dropped the tank on the Jeep before but I have on a few other vehicles.... the tank as close to empty is definitely the key to success[emoji3]
It wasn't a hard task. But, it would have been much easier with an extra set of hands.

Got mini skids installed yesterday. Also, with the help of @Alex01 , MML install as well. Removed the drop on the t-case, which i was pleased about.
20190720_135850.jpg
20190720_135840.jpg

Any effect on the vibes at all with the MML + removing the drop?

Adding the MML and removing the 0.75" t-case skid pucks netted the same result as lowering the t-case, so I'm good with that. I don't feel the vibes in the steering wheel/seat any more till 75mph. I rarely go that fast. I still want to lower the front pinion just a tad more to gain some more caster. I'll see how far I can go. I still hear a slight harmonic, but it's hard to tell with the top off, so I'll deal with that when the hardtop goes back on in the Fall.

So, after this weekend's shenanigans, my oil pan is an inch higher from danger, and my t-case skid an inch higher than stock for more clearance. Modest gains, but gains non the less.

After these latest adjustments, my front pinion is sitting 1* lower than the front ds @6.5*. My rear is now 2.5* lower than the rear ds @14*. Think I'll raise the rear up a degree and let it ride.

Reactions: JMT and Alex01
After these latest adjustments, my front pinion is sitting 1* lower than the front ds @6.5*. My rear is now 2.5* lower than the rear ds @14*. Think I'll raise the rear up a degree and let it ride.
Good plan. You don't want to start messing with both sides at once.

Are you still thinking about lower the front .5 degrees?

Good plan. You don't want to start messing with both sides at once.

Are you still thinking about lower the front .5 degrees?

I think I'll keep the front right where it's at for now. It puts me at 5.5* of caster, which I was shooting for. 6* would be nice, but I don't want to push my luck.

Reactions: Alex01
The only way I can explain it in my case is I'm playing a balancing act between the 2 drive shafts trying to make them less angry with each other, and the t-case is stuck as the red headed step child. Pull one ds, no vibes, pull the other ds, no vibes, both together, 3 year old having a melt down!

• Haha
Reactions: DrDmoney and Alex01
But it sounds like there’s an improvement. Harmonics less and normal vibes not till 75mph. That gives me a smile. I guess the hardtop back on may shatter that 😊. For your sake I hope 🤞 not!

But it sounds like there’s an improvement. Harmonics less and normal vibes not till 75mph. That gives me a smile. I guess the hardtop back on may shatter that 😊. For your sake I hope 🤞 not!

Guess I could always sell the hardtop and get one of them fancy Twill tops. Problem solved? Lol!

Forgive me if it has been asked and answered, but what brand of wheels are those. I like them. Thanks
Watch out @bobthetj03. you're going to find your jeep on blocks soon!!! 😝

@psdtime Click his name and check out his "what mods do you have" section. Everything is in there.