"Pacing myself" build

With the new year upon us, the Jeep is quickly approaching classic Jeep status at 17 years old. With that and 175K on the clock, the list of things that need repaired is growing.
1. AC evaporator needs replaced so I can once again have air. Going to replace the heater core while I'm there. I'm going to take a gamble and go on the recommendation of @Mr. Bills and order them from Performance Radiator. I'll be doing the labor, so I hope they are solid units.
2. Engine whistle when cold. I did a smoke test to try and find the vacuum leak. Smoke poured out of the throttle body throttle shaft, but I'm not convinced that is the leak, so I will be taking the throttle body off and tape up the manifold and repeat the smoke test to see if I can find it. I just want to be sure before going thru all the labor of replacing the intake gasket.
3. Gas filler splash back fix. Need to drop the tank and shave the plunger so that will be fixed.
4. Order the front jounce/bump stops, cycle the front and sort that out.
5. Find a new, uncracked interior door panel. It's cracked in two places, so I'd like to de-ghettofy the panel.
6. Order the rocker carpet pieces to complete the interior plushness.
Think that's it for the short list for now. Obviously, other stuff will come up as I continue to beat on it like a red headed step child, lol! Pretty happy with the KO2's so far after their first rotation.

With the new year upon us, the Jeep is quickly approaching classic Jeep status at 17 years old. With that and 175K on the clock, the list of things that need repaired is growing.
1. AC evaporator needs replaced so I can once again have air. Going to replace the heater core while I'm there. I'm going to take a gamble and go on the recommendation of @Mr. Bills and order them from Performance Radiator. I'll be doing the labor, so I hope they are solid units.
2. Engine whistle when cold. I did a smoke test to try and find the vacuum leak. Smoke poured out of the throttle body throttle shaft, but I'm not convinced that is the leak, so I will be taking the throttle body off and tape up the manifold and repeat the smoke test to see if I can find it. I just want to be sure before going thru all the labor of replacing the intake gasket.
3. Gas filler splash back fix. Need to drop the tank and shave the plunger so that will be fixed.
5. Find a new, uncracked interior door panel. It's cracked in two places, so I'd like to de-ghettofy the panel.
Think that's it for the short list for now. Obviously, other stuff will come up as I continue to beat on it like a red headed step child, lol! Pretty happy with the KO2's so far after their first rotation.
Mine made Classic Car status this year.

I am my worst enemy when it comes to strange noises coming from the Jeep. Clunk at slow speed, off camber situations. Guess what that means, checking every fastener I can get to under the POS. Put it on the lift and took a torque wrench to everything I could get to. Other than a slightly loose body mount bolt, nothing. Then I tugged on the rear sway bar. About 1/2" of play, so ordered some new frame mount bushings. Not sure if this is the culprit, but it needs addressed. While I had it on the lift, I reduced my front bump stop extensions from 2" to 1.5". It's an experiment. @rasband is savvy, lol! Wait, did I just do that?

Changed out the rear sway bar frame bushings last night. they were shot for sure.
20200128_162129.jpg
20200128_162154.jpg
20200128_162241.jpg

Been waiting for another flash sale from Metal Cloak to order their jounces for the front. Today is the day, so I ordered up another pair. Gotta pull the springs for this one. Not looking forward to that, but oh well, it's the price you pay to play!

Other 2 Durosprings came in the other day, so I need to free up a weekend to pull the front springs and make the swap. should work out as far as bump stop extension is concerned, but I'll cycle the axle and see where I end up. My hope is to loose the lower extension all together, which hopefully will provide better cushion on smaller road events. The Durosprings should effectively give me 1.5"-1.75" of hard bump stop extension after full compression.
Durospring on the left, my current bump stop extension on the right,
20200205_102014.jpg

My biggest concern with the front is bottoming out my shock selection. I still have a fair amount of tire clearance as these KO2's run small. I'm only leaving about 0.5" of cushion before the front shocks bottom out, so I'm cutting it close. I'll know more once I pull the springs and cycle the suspension.

My biggest concern with the front is bottoming out my shock selection. I still have a fair amount of tire clearance as these KO2's run small. I'm only leaving about 0.5" of cushion before the front shocks bottom out, so I'm cutting it close. I'll know more once I pull the springs and cycle the suspension.
How much force did you put on the bumps to determine hard stop? I would assume driving conditions could incur a lot more force than I can exert on them.

I was reading somewhere it hard bumps out at 1” but I just wanted to hear your input. Like others said, you’ve got me spending money!!!

The material is a bit more dense than the factory jounce, so I'm banking on probability that the lighter TJ will not compress it as much as a JK/JL. Sounds good in theory.

As the vibration saga continues, I've been developing an increase in vibes lately. Enough that it is now irritating me, so I decided to experiment with a few adjustments. As I had expressed earlier, adding a 1" MML helped a lot with the vibes, so I decided to try lowering the t-case skid some more to yet further reduce DS operating angles. I first spaced it down 5/16" with washers. No change. I then readjusted the rear pinion angle, no change. I then took my OME 3/4" pucks and lowered it. No change. Gave up on that notion and put it back to square one. Today I decided to pull the rear DS and see if I could isolate the vibes. I could feel it in my seat above 62mph, so I figured the rear was a good place to start. Took it for a spin in FWD and no vibes. This verified what I had previously tried, it's either an issue with the DS or the rear diff. I put the DS on the bench and gave it a good inspection, and everything looks kosher. This is Adams DS #2. I'm going to check the torque on both yokes while I have the DS out. Other than that, I'm stumped. Do I try and get a 3rd DS? Do I take it to a rear end shop and have it pulled apart? I'm starting to get depressed about this whole jeep thing.