"Pacing myself" build

Flat spots on the tires?? It was sitting 10 weeks..
Yeah, you could say I was screwed For 10 wks.
36050487-93A5-4044-A39E-30CB703C4445.jpeg

Yes, I have considered it and bookmarked that site. Was hoping to hear some feedback on that.

You and I have cursed TJs.

FWIW - I called balance masters and had a long chat with them. They don't make the ring in the size I need for the rubicon rear driveline (the front driveline is 2" dia, and the rear is 1.90" dia). I bought the 2" they sell and it is sitting in my garage. If that size will work for you, PM me your address and I will ship it to you to try out. The ring is simply a thin rubber donut with what sounds like small ballbearings inside.

I am waiting to take my rig to Dave so that I can get some suspension work done and take another stab at the vibracrap. Dave has promised to check the gears very thoroughly. I am going to get a new rear driveline ... I think that's where my problem is. This should be happening soon ...

Reactions: bobthetj03

FWIW - I called balance masters and had a long chat with them. They don't make the ring in the size I need for the rubicon rear driveline (the front driveline is 2" dia, and the rear is 1.90" dia). I bought the 2" they sell and it is sitting in my garage. If that size will work for you, PM me your address and I will ship it to you to try out. The ring is simply a thin rubber donut with what sounds like small ballbearings inside.

I am waiting to take my rig to Dave so that I can get some suspension work done and take another stab at the vibracrap. Dave has promised to check the gears very thoroughly. I am going to get a new rear driveline ... I think that's where my problem is. This should be happening soon ...

Thanks for the offer. I'll measure my rear DS and see if that will work. I'm desperate to find a solution.

Both yoke nuts are tight. i greased the DS and installed it. Found out my rear axle is off center 0.50", so I fixed that. Trip home, no change.

Reactions: Alex01
Does it vibrate while on stands?
That's what I was going to suggest as well. Remove the wheels, put it on jack stands. Run it and see if you feel the vibes. If you do, have someone else ride it so you can watch what's going on.

Does it vibrate while on stands?

That's what I was going to suggest as well. Remove the wheels, put it on jack stands. Run it and see if you feel the vibes. If you do, have someone else ride it so you can watch what's going on.

Yes, it does, but I didn't remove the wheels. I put it on jack stands and ran it up to speed. I had also swapped wheels/tires with Casey at one point thinking it might be the issue. Didn't change. I haven't revisited the jacking it up and running it lately though, so yet another thing to try, again.

I have to do most of this diagnosing solo, so @Alex01 , @Indy , you guys want to do a wrenching day and put your eyeballs on this problem?
I'll do my best to make it. Christina is due on the 25th so life about to get CRAZY again...

Wait...I thought you had your vibrations sorted out Sri? What happened?

Reactions: Squatch
So close to rotm.... have you started lobbing for votes yet? 🤣

Ouch! Did you loose flexibility in that ankle? Is it your left foot?
I lost what little of what I had for walking side hill and it had arthritis from the original 32 year old injury. the plus’s are no pain and I can’t roll my ankle. Yes it was my left foot.