Picking up where I left off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you get in on the Black Friday deals?

Nope, wish I had but oh well. I'm just happy the seats are done. This should be a huge improvement over stock and with the harnesses they'll hold me in well too. I remember a number of times where I was scared as hell I was going to fall right out of my seat on off-camber obstacles.

Of course I wasn't really going to, but it felt that way due to the lack of bolster support and factory seat belts.

42RLE is in and the swap is underway. Never thought I'd say these words, but I'm excited to have a 42RLE :LOL:

1616031215856.jpg

1616031260521.jpg

If Blaine hasn’t taken care of that little spot on the frame by now, I will. My OCD won’t allow it 😆
Replace those body mount bolts too while you’re at it ;). I’m sure he will with the raised mounts.

You have to be pretty stoked to get it back, it’s going to be a wildly different machine - hello kitty stickers and all.

Replace those body mount bolts too while you’re at it ;). I’m sure he will with the raised mounts.

You have to be pretty stoked to get it back, it’s going to be a wildly different machine - hello kitty stickers and all.
It will be completely different and I am very much looking forward to wheeling it. First thing I am going to do when I get it back is take it on some shakedown runs. It’s nice to live so close to amazing wheeling spots.

Those are the replacement body mount bolts and they really aren't rusty. For some reason the camera flash makes them look a lot worse than they are.

Reactions: Chris and rasband
Those are the replacement body mount bolts and they really aren't rusty. For some reason the camera flash makes them look a lot worse than they are.

Looking at the picture again I can see that is raised, I was too hasty. I’m surprised at the camera affect on the bolts, but probably shouldn’t be thinking about wheeling pictures in places that look tame on film but are rather intense in person.

@Chris, what is the reasoning again for switching from a manual to auto? it sure seems like a ton of work for the swap. I have always preferred a manual vs auto in a Jeep so that is why I am asking...

@Chris, what is the reasoning again for switching from a manual to auto? it sure seems like a ton of work for the swap. I have always preferred a manual vs auto in a Jeep so that is why I am asking...
When it comes to the technical rock crawling I’ve been doing, I simply do not like the manual. @Nickgsjeep and many others will attest to this as well. There is a diehard manual crowd here which is fine, but I don’t want to create anymore challenge for myself than need be. I grew up driving manuals, I just prefer to drive them in sports cars 👍

I think most of us with manuals would say we have more fun with a manual, but recognize an auto would be better for off-roading. Eventually there’s a scale that may tip for a swap.
I know for sure in some of the "fast" cars I've owned I always had way more fun with a manual. Hell, I wouldn't buy any sports car if it didn't come in a manual.

While I didn't wheel for years with a manual or anything, I wheeled enough out here to know that I would strongly prefer an auto. Of course this will be an age old debate that never ends. For me though it's not a debate, just a preference.

I liked the manual on-road, but this TJ is a trail rig at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.