Pics of Aux Fuse / Relay Panel Location

SSTJ

———
Lifetime Supporting Member
I’m thinking about installing one. I see plenty of threads about options, wiring advice, etc. But let’s see some pics of your chosen mounting location.

I’m not sure yet. At least four fuses and at least three relays.

I’m reading other threads for recommended products. Here I’m just interested in locations.

I think I’d prefer under the hood, rather than anywhere inside the tub. But if there are good locations there then I’m interested.

Here's what I did with mine. looking back at it, I would have made it a little more compact. but it gives me open circuits when I add an accessory all I have to do is run the load wire and its done.

1.jpg

2.jpg

IMG-4221.jpg

Reactions: SSTJ
Yup, thanks, I remember this one. You’re happy with the location?
Pretty much, yes. I might redo the mounting brackets by printing some new ones out of Lexan, but other than that, it is very easily accessible there. Might make the new brackets slightly taller too.

Pretty much, yes. I might redo the mounting brackets by printing some new ones out of Lexan, but other than that, it is very easily accessible there. Might make the new brackets slightly taller too.
And your is where Cruise Control would go, right?

And your is where Cruise Control would go, right?
Close to it. I've relocated the cruise control module a half dozen times already for various projects. I can't recall in which order I did it, but I might have actually installed the cruise control after the Bussmann.

Note if you use the RTMR rather than the RFRM, the box itself is maybe half the size of the RFRM. My pictures are of the RFRM. Someone posted RTMR pictures on Page 2 if I recall correctly.

Reactions: SSTJ
I’m thinking about installing one. I see plenty of threads about options, wiring advice, etc. But let’s see some pics of your chosen mounting location.
I went down to the pick your part and pulled some terminals out of a under hood fuse box. I added relays and fuses to the empty holes in the factory box. No additional real estate required under the hood.