Piss & Moan Table

My wife brought her Subaru to the dealer for an inspection and some other maintenance. They reset the ECU and immediately when she got it home it started acting funny. Window switch doesn’t work. Clicking when switching ignition on. Digital gauges not holding the ones she selected, etc.
seemed like a battery thing so I trickle charged it. The next day it died. So I bought a new battery this weekend. Everything is better except the window switch now.

Today we get a letter from Subaru, pre-dated April 22nd mind you, that there’s a faulty “Data Communication Module” recall. Apparently this DCM thing tried endlessly to connect to the mothership and send car data, so much so that it drains batteries.
I’m hoping we fit into the recall and they pay me for the battery, but I’m sick and tired of newfangled useless, big-brother car features that they don’t test and eventually screw the owners!

Boss sent me to Lowes to pick up a handheld shower head to drop off to the plumbers punching out one of our clients new home.

plumber called a hour later to inform my boss he installed the showered but just a fyi the showerhead had water in it when he opened the box and the threaded fitting that goes on the shower arm was already scuffed up from pliers.

This is the photo I sent to the boss to confirm this is the one he wanted this morning... upon reviewing the photo this afternoon, the package looks new but clearly the hose has just been wadded up and stuffed back in the box. usually the hose is neatly tucked away in a opaque bag from the manufacturer.

It's absolute bullshit im my opinion for stores to put used items back on the shelf at the original price. they should be clearly marked as a open box or a returned item and listed at a discounted price. selling a returned item as new to me seems to be a unfair business practice for the consumers. I havent seen the damage the plumber notified us of yet.. but im hoping I dont have to spend the time to take it back off, package it back up and return it for a NEW replacement and install it myself.
IMG_6226.jpeg

I had the same issue with a dewalt 60v sawzall at home depot 2 years ago. drove to a store a few towns away that had it in stock and found out it had been used and put back on the shelf as new. upon opening the sealed box the included cutting blade was clearly used and the box included saw dust inside of it. took it to another depot a few days later and informed the return counter I was returning the used item that was sold to me and wanted a new one to replace it with.

Ran into the same problem with a portable storage hard drive from Walmart a few years ago as well sold as new and was in one of them security boxes on the shelf. it was missing internal packaging and the plastic peel off coating on the hard drive was already removed and the drive itself was contaminated with greasy fingerprints. no way in hell was I gonna plug a used hard drive from who knows who into my computer.

I go to Walmart to pick up two items the wife wants. Well two things that work there are in the area I needed to go.

I call them things because I don't know if they are female trying to look male or male trying to pass as female. I do know they were fat and ugly.

Well thing one said to thing two, as a vegan I don't like that shirt. I was wearing

1000005547.jpg

I thought about saying something but didn't want the DRAMA.

Well thing one said to thing two, as a vegan I don't like that shirt. I was wearing

Awww. You hurt their poor little feelings. So sad. I cannot believe people get their feelings hurt so easily these days. 🥲

I find it hard to believe they don't understand that, while on the clock, they're a representative of the company that employs them and making remarks regarding their personal opinions on anything in front of customers is not only inappropriate but not part of their job (and may well violate company policy). Might not have made a difference, but I'd have been tempted to take it up with the manager on duty...though I fully understand your desire to avoid the drama.

This issue has been in the news a few times since they released the Coof on us, where companies have been called out by the media for not allowing people to wear BLM shirts and the like while on the clock.

For the record, I do like the shirt and I now want one...though I've never eaten bacon "by mistake", always eaten with intent. :D

Last edited:
Horrible poison ivy after working in the yard last weekend. Lived in the house / worked on this yard for 10yrs and never had an issue before.

Once you have it, steroids are your best bet. I used to get it really bad but several years ago I got the tip to scrub it with a washcloth as soon as possible after exposure; treat it like it’s motor oil in your pores. Doesn’t really matter what soap you use; just scrub with a washcloth. And since I’ve been doing that I haven’t gotten it bad in like 5 + years. I know I’ve been exposed to it because I’ll get a bump or two, but not like before.
Hope yours runs its course quickly! Oh try blasting it with a hot hair dryer. That feels awesome.

Once you have it, steroids are your best bet

Yup, and to make things worse, the kids just finished school so we’re going to the beach for the week. I got steroid cream and pills from the Doc and Fels-Napath soap to help dry it out.

Reactions: Granite
I also use fels naphtha when I know I was in poison ivy but when I unknowingly end up with a Poison Ivy rash, this stuff works wonders for me. Stops the itch and clears it up the rash within a few days. Short of visiting a doctor nothing else on the shelf at the pharmacy store worked but ivy-dry. Also really good for itchy bug bites.

Image.jpeg

I used to get HORRID Poison Oak when I was a kid. I didn't even have to touch it, just be near it. Calamine lotion was the best thing we had - and it didn't do much!

Reactions: reddvltj
Yup, and to make things worse, the kids just finished school so we’re going to the beach for the week. I got steroid cream and pills from the Doc and Fels-Napath soap to help dry it out.

I've gotta agree with @Zorba and @bucky , my family has used it for generations..

Calamine is used to relieve the itching, pain, and discomfort of minor skin irritations, such as those caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac. This medicine also dries oozing and weeping caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/calamine-topical-route/proper-use/drg-20062463?p=1#:~:text=Descriptions,Calamine is available without prescription.

Hope yours runs its course quickly! Oh try blasting it with a hot hair dryer. That feels awesome.

I have a smallish case of poison oak and decided what the hell I'll try it.

Wow the hair dryer really helps with the itching if you bore in and cook it. I didn't feel the need to scratch at all for hours afterwards

Reactions: Granite and Zorba
I've gotta agree with @Zorba and @bucky , my family has used it for generations..

Calamine is used to relieve the itching, pain, and discomfort of minor skin irritations, such as those caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac. This medicine also dries oozing and weeping caused by poison ivy, poison oak, and poison sumac.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/calamine-topical-route/proper-use/drg-20062463?p=1#:~:text=Descriptions,Calamine is available without prescription.

I can't say I remember Calamine lotion doing much at all!

I can't say I remember Calamine lotion doing much at all!

It did and didn't work for me on my last round of poison whatever I got while working in Miami. I found some spray on stuff at Wally world that stopped the itch but, being Miami in August, I sweat the crap right off. I must have looked like a zombie; a guy with a deep tan having rivulets of light pink running down his arms.

I get that accidents happen but jumping Jesus. I'm driving my golf car this morning heading to the gym to take a shower like I do everyday.

There is a golf car in front of me, and I see two women flying down a golf path from the 4th hole who are going to cross the main road. I'm thinking if they think they can just fly across without stopping at the stop sign this is going to be bad.

Well they stopped ok fine, then they pulled out right in front of me. I locked up the brakes turned the wheel the golf car is on two wheels I figure I'm going to die or be in the hospital.

I yell JESUS CHRIST (didn't say take the wheel) and somehow I didn't crash. The two idiots said sorry but they were in a big hurry to get to the 5th hole to hit a f****** ball.

The woman who was in front of me had pulled over so I stopped next to her. She said what in hell was that? I said me almost getting killed.

She said I watched it, I have no idea how you didn't get smashed by them. I know but they really need to hit that ball.

So I pull up to the gym, when I get out of the golf car I grab my chest I thought I was going to have a heart attack. Only half of my heart works. The woman who is the head of the hoa happened to walk by and asked if I was okay.

I told her yes then told her the story. She said that happens a lot because they are so focused on playing golf.

Done ranting for now.

Hi guys! First time caller.

Spilling over from the seat foam thread that was getting derailed.......

The left lane is for passing. It's not the fast lane and it's certainly not a cruising lane. This is not only for courtesy, for traffic flow, and for safety; it's the law. One of the largest disruptions to traffic on the highway is somebody cruising in the passing lane and people having to slow down and pass them on the right (which is unsafe and also illegal in many places). You may think it's nice and calm to cruise in the left lane dutifully complying with the speed limit while all those assholes breaking the law by speeding zoom around you on the right giving you the stink eye. It's nice and calm because you are blocking traffic thus your lane in front is clear. You are the problem, not everyone else. If you think it's a minor law that can be ignored, how does that make you anything but selfish? This is not an interpretation, an opinion, or a preference. You are wrong and need to fix yourself. If you are teaching anyone to drive like this, you are endangering them as well.

/rant

I don't mean this as a personal attack directed at anyone and please understand this post started in jest and I kinda just started venting thinking of other people I have had issue with on the road. I apologize if it comes off as dick (I know it does).

Last edited:

The left lane is for passing. It's not the fast lane and it's certainly not a cruising lane. This is not only for courtesy, for traffic flow, and for safety; it's the law. One of the largest disruptions to traffic on the highway is somebody cruising in the passing lane and people having to slow down and pass them on the right (which is unsafe and also illegal in maybe places). You may think it's nice and calm to cruise in the left lane dutifully complying with the speed limit while all those assholes breaking the law by speeding zoom around you on the right giving you the stink eye. It's nice and calm because you are blocking traffic thus your lane in front is clear. You are the problem, not everyone else. If you think it's a minor law that can be ignored, how does that make you anything but selfish? This is not an interpretation, an opinion, or a preference. You are wrong and need to fix yourself. If you are teaching anyone to drive like this, you are endangering them as well.

/rant

I don't mean this as a personal attack directed at anyone and please understand this post started in jest and I kinda just started venting thinking of other people I have had issue with on the road. I apologize if it comes off as dick (I know it does).

At the same time, if there's 3 (or more) lanes and you come up behind someone in the middle lane who is passing vehicles in the slow lane, change lanes to the left and pass him!

The left lane is for passing. It's not the fast lane and it's certainly not a cruising lane. This is not only for courtesy, for traffic flow, and for safety; it's the law. One of the largest disruptions to traffic on the highway is somebody cruising in the passing lane and people having to slow down and pass them on the right (which is unsafe and also illegal in maybe places). You may think it's nice and calm to cruise in the left lane dutifully complying with the speed limit while all those assholes breaking the law by speeding zoom around you on the right giving you the stink eye. It's nice and calm because you are blocking traffic thus your lane in front is clear. You are the problem, not everyone else. If you think it's a minor law that can be ignored, how does that make you anything but selfish? This is not an interpretation, an opinion, or a preference. You are wrong and need to fix yourself. If you are teaching anyone to drive like this, you are endangering them as well.

/rant

Nothing pisses me off more than left lane campers:mad: