Pray for Oregon

We had 3 cuttings of alfalfa a year and put up 4000 to 5000, 50-ish lb square bales. We get way more rain here on the east side of the state so it doesn't take as many acres to raise stuff. It may take 1 to 2 acres per cow out west and we can have 2 to 3 cattle per acre on our grassland.
That made my back hurt just reading it.

Yeah no fooling. 20 or 30 years ago I helped load a set of doubles in Colorado with 75 lbs. bails of
hi-test food bound for a Florida Quarter horse ranch. They paid $150 a bail. And all I got was a nice home cooked meal. Good times.

Edit. I also got to work on and get running the ladies Vintage un-cut Bronco. 289, 3 on the tree, hub caps and white walls.

Last edited:
Any fire relief out there today. Low winds, some humidity, no more arson?
Nothing changed except for the higher humidity, which is a good thing. Smoke seems to be a little worse. This is supposed to improve Monday afternoon with some rain and wind shift.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2001slvrstntj
I'd love to share this rain w/ you guys out west, over three more inches since last night.

IMG_1189.jpg

Last edited:
The jet stream has picked up your smoke out there and we're starting to see it here. The sun was a bright red this morning and there's a haze. Some of it's fog today from the week of rain. Wednesday they expect the smoke to start affecting air quality as a cold front dips down.

We've had that happen due to Kansas and Colorado fires before, but I don't remember anything from the west coast making it over the mountains. I think it may be sneaking in from the north through Canada and the Jet Stream. Of course there are fires on the east side too.

https://www.ospo.noaa.gov/Products/land/hms.html

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: mrjp and Chris
I know alot of people around here are not relying on the local police to protect their property from looters.
I have not seen any activity as the article mentioned. Since my aunt's area in Cougar has been under a level 2 order I've spent the last 3 days at her house just so nothing get's taken. If your a looter and you show up here, you'll leave in a body bag. The county Sheriff stopped by yesterday because he didn't recognize my jeep parked in the driveway. He said a few of the other neighbors are doing the same thing.
He was good with that even if it goes to level 3.

Reactions: mrjp and Wildman

Illegal, conspiracies.... see how they try to frame protecting your home from people trying to burn it down. Someone purposefully set off illegal fireworks hoping to start a new fire in an area already struggling with fires and somehow it's a conspiracy. Make it legal by deputizing every resident in the county and turn them loose.

The NYpost headline should read, "Locals band together to protect themselves and their community from arsonists."

Damn this is a crazy-ass thread to read. That said, Im glad I came back to it... My office does a lot for catastrophes, relief efforts, and donations. The leadership crew here, including myself, would like to come up with anything we can to help LOCAL charities or relief efforts. If anyone is aware of any organization we can get in touch with, we'd greatly appreciate the insight. We try to avoid national agencies and go directly to the causes in touch with locals. If you are aware of such agencies, can you please PM me or send in this thread. Thank you

I know alot of people around here are not relying on the local police to protect their property from looters.

I wouldn’t rely on the local police either. A lot of my friends back in Oregon have been witnessing very sketchy things first hand of people trying to start fires, yet the media outlets don’t report on it and keep dismissing it all as conspiracy theories.

So yeah, tell me what’s really going on then? 🤬

• Sad
Reactions: mrjp and Wildman
I wouldn’t rely on the local police either. A lot of my friends back in Oregon have been witnessing very sketchy things first hand of people trying to start fires, yet the media outlets don’t report on it and keep dismissing it all as conspiracy theories.

So yeah, tell me what’s really going on then? 🤬
They arrested an asshole 2 days ago for setting fires long I-205 just south of me. The judge turned this POS loose w/o posting bail, he was arrested again last night for the same thing. WTF is wrong with people. The media says he has no connection to any group's, but you can't believe a word they say either.

They arrested an asshole 2 days ago for setting fires long I-205 just south of me. The judge turned this POS loose w/o posting bail, he was arrested again last night for the same thing. WTF is wrong with people. The media says he has no connection to any group's, but you can't believe a word they say either.

I don’t believe a damn word the media says. I also know that a big problem with all of this is that a lot of the DAs refuse to prosecute or dish out anything substantial. @Rubi04 will back me up on that.