Project 1-tons and 40s

Did you go 35 spline outers in front or stick to the stock 30 spline?

I stuck with 30s....need a weak point ant thats the easiest to change
I’m debating to do the same. I was going to have my DS u-joints on the smaller end to make it the weak point. But I’m also sticking with the 4.0 for a hot minute. The wife is going to kill me if I mention anything Jeep after the one ton swap is done.

Reactions: B00mb00m
What locker type did you use for the rear since you shaved it? I’ve read some post that there is some fitment issues with ARB and Yukon Zip.

I stuck with 30s....need a weak point ant thats the easiest to change
I was just pricing out a 99-04 swap and it was getting pretty high when adding flattop knuckle.and 35 spline hubs and bearing and new shafts. Kind of points toward doing a 05+ for value.

Reactions: Jeeptundra
What locker type did you use for the rear since you shaved it? I’ve read some post that there is some fitment issues with ARB and Yukon Zip.
Zip and l had to mod the cover and l have been in contact with ballistic about fixing the issue....it was just a small kiss on the cover lol

I saw ballistic does a pretty slick shave for the front Dana 60 also did you see that?
Yes l almost did it but u dont gain as much.......l might do it later but on a superduty 60 the diff is so close to the tire anyway and $500 is hard to swallow

Last edited:
Well se will see how long this one last.....now l can get back to my jeep lol

received_254421819598636.jpeg

received_1953340891485451.jpeg

I've been reading more about the 99-04 Dana 60. Do you have pic of where the pumpkin sits at full stuff in the frame rails? The diff is so far to driver looks like itll almost be under the frame rails when centered.