Project 1-tons and 40s

I really like this 10.5 shave kit

20200619_111733.jpg

Full width and use stock tank but build a skid cover the clearance for diff the heat gun tank shve it in and form fit!......I have done a few like that
What will you shoot for on track width with the full width axles? Like EvansCreek has 80" limit and I know naches has some limits too. Where do you wheel in WA?

Reactions: Wildman
WOW nice!! Does this change how large of a ring gear you can run or why is there so much excess casting on bottom? Seems like the challenge will be getting a good uniform sealing on the new surface.
I have to turn the ring gear down to 10 in they dont sell lower gears for 10.5 because the 10.25 works so l will take .125 off and as far as sealing its all machined so rtv works grat

What will you shoot for on track width with the full width axles? Like EvansCreek has 80" limit and I know naches has some limits too. Where do you wheel in WA?
78ish with the right offset wheels and l wheel anywhere I can l do a lot of tillamook because its closest to me but l enjoy Evans and Elbe...been to Naches a few times and Tahya but that place really dont got anything to difficult Im wanting to go to Ritner

78ish with the right offset wheels and l wheel anywhere I can l do a lot of tillamook because its closest to me but l enjoy Evans and Elbe...been to Naches a few times and Tahya but that place really dont got anything to difficult Im wanting to go to Ritner

Wow you must be running so serious offset wheels. I'm on stock width axles and am 75" wide last time I measured with 4.5" back spacing . Will be watching this to see what you end up with.

Wow you must be running so serious offset wheels. I'm on stock width axles and am 75" wide last time I measured with 4.5" back spacing . Will be watching this to see what you end up with.
My wms is 69 in and I got 4.5 in back space so that puts 5.5 outsde so 69+11 is 80 and l want a different offset wheel

My wms is 69 in and I got 4.5 in back space so that puts 5.5 outsde so 69+11 is 80 and l want a different offset wheel

I'm 61" wms and with my old rims and tires I was 74" outside. And now have 4" back spaced rims. Will have to wait to get you a measurement as to what my outside number is. And your tires stick out past what your rim width is. Even if you are running narrow tires. This is why I have tried so hard to keep my axles narrow. There are some trails I have had issues trying to get the tires thru the trees.

I'm 61" wms and with my old rims and tires I was 74" outside. And now have 4" back spaced rims. Will have to wait to get you a measurement as to what my outside number is. And your tires stick out past what your rim width is. Even if you are running narrow tires. This is why I have tried so hard to keep my axles narrow. There are some trails I have had issues trying to get the tires thru the trees.
If l run a +18 or +24 I will get a lot back......or even h1 locks

If l run a +18 or +24 I will get a lot back......or even h1 locks

Yes H1's would give you some deep back spacing but then your hubs are sitting out there.
I'm not trying to trash your build just sharing what I know which isn't a lot. I'm very interested in how this turns. At some point I might go to tons and want to see what you end up with.

Yes H1's would give you some deep back spacing but then your hubs are sitting out there.
I'm not trying to trash your build just sharing what I know which isn't a lot. I'm very interested in how this turns. At some point I might go to tons and want to see what you end up with.
Superduty has short hubs

Superduty has short hubs

Yes they do, sorry wasn't thinking about them. I'm very interested in seeing how this turns out. And I like what you have done so far.
Are you going to run any type of flares to try and keep it semi-legal?

Yes they do, sorry wasn't thinking about them. I'm very interested in seeing how this turns out. And I like what you have done so far.
Are you going to run any type of flares to try and keep it semi-legal?
I will build high lineish fronts and high rear 4in flares to get it close l had about 3 or 4 in of tire hanging out before

I will build high lineish fronts and high rear 4in flares to get it close l had about 3 or 4 in of tire hanging out before

I went with the Metal Cloak stretch corners and Overline fenders and have their 8" flares. The only reason I went with them was so that I could remove the flares when wheelin. I had 3" flares on my old Poison Spyder armor before and my tires stuck out enough I got hassled by the SP a few times. So I ended up only being able to push my rear axle back 4.5" and haven't started on the front yet so I don't know if I am going to so any stretch in the front yet.

Does Ballistic sell a machined ring gear to go with the shave kit? What ratio are you going to run?

Whos brackets are you going to use for the 3/4link suspension? Got any idea how long you are planning on for arm length?

Here is what my 36x13.5x16.5 iRock mounted on a 9" rim with 4" of BS looks like on a 61" wms axle. This is all just mocked up right now so the axle may shift a small amount when all finished.

20200604_151005.jpg

Reactions: Motorstroker
I went with the Metal Cloak stretch corners and Overline fenders and have their 8" flares. The only reason I went with them was so that I could remove the flares when wheelin. I had 3" flares on my old Poison Spyder armor before and my tires stuck out enough I got hassled by the SP a few times. So I ended up only being able to push my rear axle back 4.5" and haven't started on the front yet so I don't know if I am going to so any stretch in the front yet.

Does Ballistic sell a machined ring gear to go with the shave kit? What ratio are you going to run?

Whos brackets are you going to use for the 3/4link suspension? Got any idea how long you are planning on for arm length?

Here is what my 36x13.5x16.5 iRock mounted on a 9" rim with 4" of BS looks like on a 61" wms axle. This is all just mocked up right now so the axle may shift a small amount when all finished.

View attachment 170998
I will cut my own gears 5.38 ballistic offers turning of gears and l like to build my own so l will make my quarter guards sliders and fenders l got artec tj 1 ton truss kits and l will use my long arm kit lowers l got and build my own uppers then later do lowers and l will build my own brackets

Cool, you have more skills than I do. I'd be worried as heck that I would screw up trying to shave a ring gear.
This will be a really great build and will be following it. It's great that you can do all the fab work yourself.

Reactions: bbaldwin237
Cool, you have more skills than I do. I'd be worried as heck that I would screw up trying to shave a ring gear.
This will be a really great build and will be following it. It's great that you can do all the fab work yourself.
I have been building for 30ish years and access to good equipment if l dont have it myself......l have a few cool build under my belt