Radio Programming @ TJ Fest 2021

I will convert it into an Excel file for you.
Dino could I get the file as well so I could upload it to my radio? I already have the cable and program needed.

Thanks for doing this.

I have Chirp on my laptop for my Baofeng. Are you indicating that you don’t have a file compatible with chirp?
I’ll share my config from chirp. It’ll not include everything Dino has but it’ll have the base things.

I can make a uv-5r compatible one for chirp with his excel export.

Reactions: BlackSheep
Is the file for the other format a flat file that I can view on my computer?
I will convert it into an Excel file for you.
Dino could I get the file as well so I could upload it to my radio? I already have the cable and program needed.

Thanks for doing this.
I just need an e-mail address.

Reactions: Alex01
As posted in other threads, I will be programming the Baofeng or Rugged radios you guys bought for this trip starting Friday (23rd) afternoon. Here is how that will work...

I rented a house in town and you can come by any evening to have your radios programmed. Call first so we can make sure we are home! I will try to accommodate your schedules and will keep my computer with me whenever we are in town. This includes any meet-ups, dinners, the party at Grandpa's Garage (TBD), etc. However, I will NOT be programming radios at the trail head before a run! You'll be punching in your own frequencies at the trail head!

Casa De LJ
3463 Tierra del Sol Dr
Moab, UT 84532
562-665-6286

Save the address as Jackie and I will be hosting a party at our place at least one night during the week; also to be determined so as to not interfere with any official TJ Fest gatherings. Its BYOB but we'll have snacks, pizza, and other food.)

If you need a radio, go to Amazon and buy this... Baofeng UV-5R or equivalent. I'll be able to program the following radios... (UV-5, UV-5R, UV-5RPlus, UV-5R+, UV-5RA, UV-5RC, UV-5RE, UV-5RV2+. UV-5RTP, UV-5RI6+, UV-5RCx (2M/220MHz), UV-5X, UV-5Rx3, UV-5R III and the UV-5R3)

Or you can go to RuggedRadios.com and buy half the radio at double the price...but they work good. V2 or V3 is fine!

If your radio isn't listed above or I don't already have the software, and IF I have the cable that fits, I can download the software for your radio and it will cost you $25.00. You will keep the software since you paid for it and a cable will be mailed to you so you can reprogram your radio when you get home after the trip. But at least we will be able to hook you up for this trip.

There will be 120+ frequencies programmed into your radio. Your name will also be programmed in which appears every time you turn it on. You'll get...
All "TJ FEST" team frequencies
All 22 FRS Channels
All 30 GMRS Channels including repeaters
All 5 MURS VHF Channels
All 7 National Weather Channels
All KOH frequencies
All 45ish Rugged Radios pre-programmed race frequencies including Baja
3 - Moab ham radio repeaters (but transmit has been disabled unless you have a ham radio license)

Any questions?
Thank you Dino, I will definitely take you up on your offer, we will be arriving on the 23rd early afternoon.

In exchange, what do you and the wife like for an adult beverage? I’ll be glad to get it!

We are staying in the same neighborhood,
3415 South Village Loop

I don't need radios programmed, but I may be seen wandering around the neighborhood with a beer in my hand looking at other peoples jeeps. Don't shoot if you see a beer coozie and two legs sticking out from under your jeep, that is just me checking out the linkage.

3415 South Village Loop

I don't need radios programmed, but I may be seen wandering around the neighborhood with a beer in my hand looking at other peoples jeeps. Don't shoot if you see a beer coozie and two legs sticking out from under your jeep, that is just me checking out the linkage.
You can get a good look at Savvy's Mid-Arm under my Jeep. Blaine did all the work and used it to prototype Savvy's Mid-Arm kit. I took Blaine's advice and outboarded the rear shocks, taller front towers, Fox shocks, Anti-Rock front and rear, his 15" brake kit and PSC hydro assist. Lots of other Savvy parts under there too.

Feel free to stop in and hang out! I'd go to your place but thats WAY TOO CLOSE to the KOA and it going to get rowdy over there! :cool:

3415 South Village Loop

Its OK as long as you repair or improve something while you're under there! ;)

I have a cable and Chirp as well but my Baofeng is an BF-F8HP. If you have a file that will work flat or otherwise, I would appreciate it. [email protected] Thanks
If you follow this it shouldn’t matter what radio you have. The key is to import first and then copy the channels from my file that you open in chirp to that import before you upload!

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/tj-fest-2021-moab-april-24-–-may-1-2021.34132/page-139#post-854129

Hi and the following worked for me as Rasband’s suggested using latest version of CHIRP.

I connected my F8HP radio based on selecting correct model & COM port. (ALT-D will get you to this screen)
Use Windows Device Manager / Ports to determine correct COM port or just try port 3,4 or 5
I Downloaded my current config I had setup for my local 4x4 clubs and saved the IMG file locally on PC
>> Now I have a backup of current settings which I can load back in later.

Unzip the files you downloaded that Rasband & DINO shared so you have the IMG Files ready.

Still in CHIRP with radio still connected…
FILE >> OPEN and select the IMG file provided by Rasband and Dino – I used the file ending with DINO.
This will create a second tab showing you all the channel details.
I used the mouse and select all channels starting at LOC 1 from their IMG
Copy / pasted into my original tab (usually the left most tab) which is now blank starting also at LOC 1
Finally, I uploaded (ALT-U) to my F8HD.

FYI, the CHIRP also has the ability to make other changes to how you radio operates.
On the far left, you will see Memories Memory Range and below that you’ll see Settings in grey – select Settings.
Here you can change a lot of the setups also available from the radio’s keyboard if you want.

Hope this helps others.