Radio Programming @ TJ Fest 2021

Yes. I saw thats what they had posted so my file i sent out has all 5 channels with that code in it. They are labeled TJFEST1 to TJFEST5. The regular programmed GMRS channels don't have any codes programmed in.
I get it - that's cool. I wonder if there is a way to set up a separate "channel" like that on my Midland MXT-275.

Last edited:
I get it - that's cool. I wonder if there is a way to set up a separate "channel" like that on my Midland MXT-275.
You just have to set a code for the actual you want to use on your radio. Its should be easy to turn on and off. I recommend just setting it to transmit the code instead of transmit and receive. You'll hear everyone but I don't suspect you will hear much traffic.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
Dino- Am late to the party arranging for communication. Appreciate your assistance. Can I reach you at 562-665-6286 to discuss. Thanks, (my cell ph is 832-833-0123)

I just posted a new thread on GMRS radios HERE. I posted a link to Rugged Radios who are blowing out UHF 1/2 wave no-ground-plane antennas for $24.00. Go check it out. You can buy a magnet mount and place this on your hood if you want or install it more permanently. Its a great deal.

I purchased the UV-5R, I have the programming cable but am unable to get the software to download properly, I definitely need your assistance. I have never used a radio like this and don’t fully understand all the features. Anytime Sunday that works for you. Thanks for being available for this service.

Just as a heads up for anyone uneasy about the 5r due to the legality, Baofeng released the UV-5x which is a GMRS legal version. You can listen to all the UHF frequencies but can only transmit on GMRS. Similar price of 30/radio but I only see pairs listed for sale right now (so you’re out $60, but same cost per unit).

If you follow this it shouldn’t matter what radio you have. The key is to import first and then copy the channels from my file that you open in chirp to that import before you upload!

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/tj-fest-2021-moab-april-24-–-may-1-2021.34132/page-139#post-854129
Worked great Thanks!

Reactions: rasband
@Dino - KX6D

I’ve been trying to familiarize myself with these midland GXT1000 radios while on the road. I tried to enter the DCS code for Team LJ (CH 18 DCS 223) but it seems my radio only has 1-104 DCS code. Should I be able to enter 223 for the DCS?

@Dino - KX6D

I’ve been trying to familiarize myself with these midland GXT1000 radios while on the road. I tried to enter the DCS code for Team LJ (CH 18 DCS 223) but it seems my radio only has 1-104 DCS code. Should I be able to enter 223 for the DCS?
Josh and I just arrived (Hotel Moab Down Town). We’d be up for some warmup trails in the morning. Thanks, Rick Cell phone 832-833-0123