Re-gear question: 3.07 to ?

odd man out here I have a Rubi on 33s in the mountains and I wish I had 3.73s rather than the 4.10s. Sure I down shift on the grades but thats why god gave you a left leg. Drive an automatic in tow/haul mode, they down shift too.

ps, mine is a DD that sees 24K miles every year

gear for the driving you do, if mine was a trailered trail rig I'd want 4.88s too, but DD not so much

Last edited:
odd man out here I have a Rubi on 33s in the mountains and I wish I had 3.73s rather than the 4.10s. Sure I down shift on the grades but thats why god gave you a left leg. Drive an automatic in tow/haul mode, they down shift too.

ps, mine is a DD that sees 24K miles every year

gear for the driving you do, if mine was a trailered trail rig I'd want 4.88s too, but DD not so much
I finally got a chance to drive a TJ Rubi on 35's with the 6 speed and 4:10's. There are likely worse set ups for gearing, but I've not driven one yet. For those not paying attention, 35's and 4:10's is the same as your 33's and the 3:73's you want. There's downshifting on grades and then there's downshifting on grades. Not sure what you after with those gear final solutions but I know that I want no part of it.