Rear upper spring mount relocation

softballnrd27

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
So I am wanting to knock out 2 things at 1 time and would like to see if it's possible. 1st I want to fix is my rear spring mount misalignment from axle to frame. I'm simply going to remove the factory bracket and relocate it to where it is needed. I want to outboard my shocks. The issue I see myself running in to is that my rear trackbar bracket and spring bucket or shock mount will want to occupy the same space. Has anyone done both of these mods and made it work? I will eventually go to a triangulated upper rear suspension but for now, I want to fix these 2 issues. When I installed the 9" rear I didn't pay attention to my upper shock and just mounted the lower shock mount where it would not get hung up. Needless to say, I have about 2" of shock shaft showing and I need to fix that ASAP.

My 2nd course of action is to fix the alignment issue and get a pair of cheap Rancho 5000 that fit better in the factory location until I go to a triangulated rear.

There are a few kits available for all this. I’d read the instructions they have to see what the solution is for the track bar. I relocated my rear spring cups and outboarded my shocks when I did a 5” stretch and 4 link so I removed the rear trackbar from the equation and didn’t run into that.